By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Vita might be in trouble now

Which will sell more in its life time?

PS Vita 52 37.41%

Steamboy 8 5.76%

Gameboy? 79 56.83%

Total:139

This is aimed towards a small audience so won't effect the Vita. I'm kind of interested in it though as long as it runs using some form of Windows so I can play every game I have on Steam. If it runs with SteamOS, which would make a lot of games incompatible, then I probably won't bother.

Around the Network

The Vita is already in trouble :P

What idiots are voting for the Vita outselling the Gameboy?

I think Sony should make a new Vita which has all the console physical buttons in order to play PS4 remote-play and PSNow titles more comfortably, best if could enlarge the internal memory and the screen to 6'' as well, can name it something like PSVita pro to compete with this... 

my faith in this is very little just like the steam box's but i will keep my eye on this cause the idea of steam being on a handheld sounds incredible

Around the Network

This is the most ironically named thread in the history of this site :P. Vita should be more worried its more than 30 million behind the 3DS.

The Steamboy will sell as good at the vita if even that. I mean... come on, a handheld steam? a program that is 95% internet based and the other 5% being that you can play your games in offline mode.... but think about it. You are not going to have the internet on the go or you at least most likely won't. yes there are some ways to get it but those usually cost quite a bit of money and I doubt people are going to just get up and all flock to that option just to play their... steamboy. Face it, people are not going to buy it. Who will want to have to spend the day before downloading the game they want to play for the car ride to possibly get bored and then want to play something else but can't because they cannot download. Sorry but steam is dreaming if it thinks it will get a bite outof the handheld market. The only way it will work is if it takes cartridges or discs or whatever and gets the people who develope and release on steam to make these so people can play the steam games easier.

spemanig said:

I did thinking it was the steamboy. lol But no, the gameboy will be the higher one for sure.

To me this Steamboy makes much more sense than Steamachines and I'm very intrigued - hundreds of great PC games on a handheld? If they do it right it will be the best handheld evrr.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

To be Honest, the Vita (or Gameboy, heh) will sell better in its lifetime. The problem with the Steamboy (and Steam Machines) is that for one, they're pretty irrelevant to the mainstream audience and even the hardcore audience. Also, you can build a PC for $500 these days that can surpass the 8th gen consoles, so thats a fail right there. Besides, the Gamboy has more games and the Vita isn't necessarily a gimped PC machine, so the Steamboy will be overshadowed significantly, even by the Nvidia Shield, and that is quite a lacking handheld compared to the Vita and 3DS. But nothing will be more relevant than the (Done to death joke up ahead).....

THE OUYA!

spemanig said:

It's the "Gameboy?" which is a chinese knockoff of the real Game Boy. So what idiots are voting for the Gameboy?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.