By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Much Will Wii U Sell on Week Ending June 7th?

How Much?

150k+ 82 27.15%

100k-150k 96 31.79%

90k 37 12.25%

80k 31 10.26%

70k 16 5.30%

60k 8 2.65%

50k 6 1.99%

40k 9 2.98%

30k 6 1.99%

Less (PLEASE explain why) 8 2.65%

Total:299

140k give or take.. just a guess.

Around the Network
Aielyn said:
Nintentacle said:

Now that we know that MK8 didn't have a huge effect in NA (Some places still had good effects)

Wait, what? There was an 85% boost in May NPD compared with April, and the game was only out for 2 days in that period. Noting that VGChartz had April sales typically around 12k per week and May sales prior to MK8 around 10k per week, we have sales in the week of MK8 release at about 58k (VGChartz puts it at an even stronger 78k, but this may be due to a combination of slight undertracking over the last couple of months and some overtracking for that week), or an increase of about 480%.

My prediction for June 7th in US is 35-40k, with worldwide figures somewhere around 130k.

I don't get where you got that 58k from. NPD says Wii U sold 61k for the whole month.

Nintentacle said:
Aielyn said:
Nintentacle said:

Now that we know that MK8 didn't have a huge effect in NA (Some places still had good effects)

Wait, what? There was an 85% boost in May NPD compared with April, and the game was only out for 2 days in that period. Noting that VGChartz had April sales typically around 12k per week and May sales prior to MK8 around 10k per week, we have sales in the week of MK8 release at about 58k (VGChartz puts it at an even stronger 78k, but this may be due to a combination of slight undertracking over the last couple of months and some overtracking for that week), or an increase of about 480%.

My prediction for June 7th in US is 35-40k, with worldwide figures somewhere around 130k.

I don't get where you got that 58k from. NPD says Wii U sold 61k for the whole month.

NPD only covers USA, not the whole of North America. VGChartz covers all of North America.

Also, NPD didn't say 61k, that's the number that NeoGAF people came up with based on presumed numbers from May 2013... but the thing is, they're listening to a guy from CNET who said it was up 85% on May last year and a NeoGAF member who claims that the reported 34k for May last year was actually 32.6k (first time anybody hears of this is now?), when Nintendo's press release said it was up 85% on April this year (source).

My logic was spelled out in my last post, I said exactly where I got that 58k from - it's basic arithmetic.

It will be about 50k considering it was really only about 70k mk8 launch week

Max King of the Wild said:

Exactly it's way over tracked.

Around the Network

overtracked numbers will be at 120k but I expect real numbers to be around 45k

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Aielyn said:
Nintentacle said:
Aielyn said:
Nintentacle said:

NPD only covers USA, not the whole of North America. VGChartz covers all of North America.

Also, NPD didn't say 61k, that's the number that NeoGAF people came up with based on presumed numbers from May 2013... but the thing is, they're listening to a guy from CNET who said it was up 85% on May last year and a NeoGAF member who claims that the reported 34k for May last year was actually 32.6k (first time anybody hears of this is now?), when Nintendo's press release said it was up 85% on April this year (source).

My logic was spelled out in my last post, I said exactly where I got that 58k from - it's basic arithmetic.

That makes sense, then.

Looks like launch week was

NA: 30k?
UK: 10k
France: 20k
Japan 19k

80k (rest of the world + 30k = 110k.

Sales will be going back down to a 50 - 70k range WW.

mZuzek said:
Max King of the Wild said:

I'm not the brightest when it comes to these NPD numbers, but from what I understand it sold 78k on MK8 launch week in the United States alone.

It did 60k for the entire month in US May ...

mZuzek said:
Ugh, I'm struggling to understand what this means.
As far as I know, Watch Dogs and Mario Kart 8 were confirmed to sell 4m and 1.2m respectively, right?
However, on NPD numbers Watch Dogs has about 2m and Mario Kart 8 doesn't even reach 0.5m.
Sure, it says retail only, but surely digital sales aren't that high?

NPD is US only