By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - is Splatoon receiving more attention because its an exclusive Nintnedo shooter?

Mnementh said:

Ah, well, I forgot about Ccaptain Toad (although I really liked it's presentation), Just Dance, Sonic Boom, Disney Infinity, Mario Party and Skylanders. Is Kirby for the WiiU? I wasn't sure. I would'nt count Sports Club, as most Sports already are released. But as I see the list, I rememebr Art Academey comes too.

Yeah Kirby is for the Wii U

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

Around the Network

Yea, if it was on the other systems then people would just pick up the shooters where you blow people's brains out.

kitler53 said:

crossed off a few that i just can't imagine anyone here is actually hyped for.  bolded a few that i indeed missed.

I am actually genuinely interested in Sonic BOOM, outside of that the rest you crossed off I really don't care about lol but those are all the Wii U games that are coming out later this year and in the first half of 2015 (Minus Star Fox and Zelda)

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

No, it's because it looks fresh and has new /interesting game mecanics!

Yes and no. It is getting extra hype because it is a Nintendo new IP 3rd person shooter with heavy foucs on online. It's also exclusive - I doubt many would care about blood borne's cgi trailer if it wasn't an exclusive title.

But it also looks really interesting to me because it adds many new gameplay mechanics to the genre. It looks like it plays like a platformer/shooter hybrid. Both this and Sunset Overdrive look very fresh to me in theme/gameplay/presentation when it comes to shooters. This creates hype for me beyond Nintendo doing something new.

Titles like The Division look grander only in graphical realism, not in actual gameplay. In fact, titles like that seem like very basic gameplay of cover, aim, shoot. The jumping, moving, transforming all in a fast pace while claiming ground territory and playing as a very unique kid/squid hybrid mutant in Splatoon looks fresh and fun. It's great to see a totally unique new game character.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

We should have one stickied thread in gaming, entitled "Fanboys are hypocrites." That thread would be monstrously long, but drop the number of threads on the forums by about a third, because so much content here amounts to "well, Sony fans wouldn't give a shit about Destiny if it weren't for the partial exclusivity deal, here's proof!"

Great idea, Mr Khan. I'll come and post my impressions of Bloodborne. The only thing that got people cheering for that awful, gory trailer was the words, From Software. 

seems very interesting but yeah, itreally looks like a xbla/psn game.

It would have gotten this attention no matter who was making it. It's an interesting new IP that debuted at E3 from a company that can comfortably back it financially. People talk about those.

4 ≈ One

actually i was looking at ign and gameinformer
and they were praising it for being one of the most innovative games at e3 and in a long time

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

green_sky said:
Samus Aran said:
pokoko said:
Yeah, though the game does look fun. I'm mostly willing to overlook any suspicious reactions because of that.

Still, that's nothing compared to The Devil's Third. I've been shocked at the people saying this game looks good. Had it been a PS3/360 game, the reactions would have been different to an extreme degree. There is no doubt in my mind that some of the people saying it looks interesting now would be blasting it out the water if it weren't a Wii U exclusive. It's just so strange to watch. It's like if people suddenly started raving about Call of Juarez: The Cartel. It's surreal.

What are you talking about? Most people agree Devil's third looks awful. It got eliminated pretty quickly in the Nintendo E3 game elimination thread. 

I would recommend saving your time and not bothering with this dude. Somehow few people became "most" people. 

OT: Of course it is getting more attention because it made by Nintendo. When the best (okay i'll put one of the best) company makes a new ip. It is bound to get people exited. Remember when The Last of Us was unveiled, we were like ehhhh ooookkkkk...zomg Naughty Dog. 

I'm getting sick of your lies and your creepy stalking.  You put "most" in quotes and yet I never said most at all or even hinted at most?  You are a liar.  Go find someone else to obsess over because they have different tastes in video-games.  It's creepy as fuck.