By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who will have the biggest sales bump this holiday? (INC. POLL!)

The largest sales increase (by percentage) over the winter months will be for:

Nintendo 92 53.18%

Sony 70 40.46%

Microsoft 10 5.78%

Total:172

Historically it was Microsoft with their lower price and rather bro-ish/family crowd, they have a good crop of exclusives this year and the Halo bundle should tempt long time fans into a purchase.

Nintendo have the best exclusive games so far this gen and a cheap price point, so far this hasn't produced strong sales but with Mario Kart and super smash bros brawl as long standing system sellers they should have their best year so far.

And Sony the current sales leader, with exclusives proped up by the family friendly Little Big Planet 3 and stong ties to big games at the end of the year like Destiny and battlefield can they increase the pace the most? The last of us for anyone who missed it last gen can't hurt.

Buying order: Switch, better pc

Around the Network

Ouya. By 0.1 % or less.

Consoles: 3DS, Wii U, and Vita soon. Super Paper Mario fan.

I think PS4 as it will get the largest boost from 3rd parties, and they also have a few exclusives coming out. Ofcourse as i live in Europe i may not realise the power of Halo though.

I believe all of them will have too big of boost to decide
wii u with smash= tons sold
xbox one with halo collection=tons sold
little big planet=tons sold
Now i was hoping people wouldnt keep mocking driveclub!
Anyway itll come down to microsoft or nintendo because destiny releases in september(unless it has legs)
it wont be ps4's big holiday seller
unless LBG3 or my beloved driveclub do the trick

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

I assume holidays means starting black friday?

Still think Sony will win it though it becomes less clear due to MS offerings. If Destiny released in Decemeber there would be no question either.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Percentage wise, it'll obviously be Nintendo, but when it comes to highest sales, it's obviously Sony.

LBP3 isn't a PS4 exclusive though

same thing can be said for watch dogs(and you know what happen to ps4 sales with that :D)

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

if you are talking about percent wise... either Nintendo or Xbox seeing how they are the smallest and they would require fewer sales to gain a higher percentage.

SjOne said:
LBP3 isn't a PS4 exclusive though

The PS4 numbers will dwarf the PS3 numbers.