By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Over half of Gametrailers Staff Fired after E3

Layoffs hit GameTrailers day after E3

On Monday, digital content distributor Defy Media acquired Addicting Games, Shockwave and GameTrailers from Viacom. Today, those companies were struck by layoffs, according to the tweets of former employees.

"My 10th #E3 complete, Friday the 13th and just got laid off from @Gametrailers," wrote Jeremy Hoffmann, formerly a producer for GameTrailers TVHoffmann added, "Great people @GameTrailers will be looking for jobs, we have editorial, video editors, tech managers & more looking for work. #gamejobs"

"Exciting times ahead for @GameTrailers and Defy. I just won't be part of it. Best of luck space cowboys," tweeted former director at GameTrailers, Ryan Stevens. Other layoff announcements have begun to appear on Twitter.

"Two weeks from now, I will be leaving @GameTrailers. Thank you for allowing me to talk about indie games again and for all the new friends," tweeted Rob Manuel, former producer at GameTrailers.

The news comes just one day after E3, the biggest video game expo in North America.

Update: Sources tell us half to two-thirds of full-time staff were let go.

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/13/5807898/gametrailers-layoffs

Around the Network

As long as its not Bosman or the dude that does the Timeline, Pop Fiction and Retropective

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I hope they're all able to find new jobs. It sucks when things like this happen.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

I already heard something like this from the ManUp hosts. Wouldn't mind them and Kyle end up at the Escapist for example.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I am sure the people that were doing quality work will get employed very quickly, and I wish them well.
As long as Pachter and Marcus Beer get their segments canceled, it won't be all bad news.

Around the Network

So sad I hate when people lose their jobs.

So, did Pachter get fired or what?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Tweet Spencer about a job, he's always looking for more ways to kiss ass on twitter. lol

Good luck to all those affected by these layoffs. It's very scary when it happens, and you don't know where you're going or when you'll find another job equal to what you had. I hope these poor people will find one quickly.

Adblocking bastards :(

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine