By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How exactly am i supposed to get my free game with the MK8 bundle?

So i just purchased the LAST MK8 bundle at the walmart near me( they didn't give me a receipt for some reason).

I just sat through an hour of waiting for the Gamepad to charge so i could sync it and do the ridiculous update.

After a couple races of MK8, i decided to go ahead and get my free game.. But uhh.. How exactly am i supposed to go about doing this? I opened MK8 but there was no redeen code inside. There was only the 1 page instruction manual inside the case so uhhh... Wtf

is this my bad luck kicking in again? Or is there another way that i'm supposed to get the free game?

Around the Network

There should be some kind of code in the packaging for club nintendo. That is where you get the free game

Uh oh. Yep, there should really be a code somewhere..

go back and get a receipt. not needed, but with a $300 + purchase you should always have a receipt. Go to the service desk and tell them you never got one, they can reprint a new one.

Sometiems when you buy a hardware+software bundle there is no seperate code for the game  you have to use the hardwares code.

not sure how its with the MK8 bundle   if it should have the code ask the shop where you bought it for a replacement.

Around the Network

There's a red paper in the mario kart case, with the manual that has a registration code. Go to club Nintendo.com and register mario kart, you will be emailed a download code.

The code will just look like marketing for Nintendo. It's on a white piece of paper. You need to go to Club Nintendo and make an account. Once you use that code you will get a redemption code. I'm not sure how it looks in the bundle, but these pieces of paper always come in the case with the game. Yours might be packaged with the system manual/information, especially if MK8 didn't come with a case.

And go get that receipt, incase something happens.

I got the Mk8 Bundle the day it came out. The game does not have code in it, You have to register the WiiU to get it. All the Mariokart Wii u serials are different and that's how you get the game. So basically what im saying is, https://club.nintendo.com/link-shop-account.do

go to Nintendo's web site and use the "Club nintendo" tab.  Sign up for club Nintendo and where it says register games/consoles enter the code you got with the system.  it will register your wii u and the game, give you coins and allow you to take surveys to earn more coins.

You will also get a code that you can use in the Nintendo Eshop by which you dl 1 of 4 games.