By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - really annoying thing that happens EVERY e3

pokoko said:
"GAMERS WIN" is every bit as valid an opinion as anything else. It seems kind of silly to suggest that it is not. The only dispute would be with context and if it's relevant to the discussion at hand. If the question is, "who won E3," then it's fine. If the question is, "which company will see the most economic impact from their E3 presentation," then it is not.

Regardless, it seems an odd thing to get upset about, especially when so many people are over-exaggerating specific games simply because they're exclusive to their favorite platform. That's much more annoying than someone trying to be optimistic.

No it isn't. Gamers are not a candidate in the competition. Gamers don't win anything. They didn't compete. They didn't participate in the competition. They are not a factoring party, they are the judge. They are irrelevant to the question being asked. That's like asking "who won the dance off?" "The audience." No. The audience didn't compete. They're irrelevant to the question.

Around the Network
aLkaLiNE said:
Well that paraphrase is still half true; In the end, we as consumers are "winning" (although not really. E3 usually disappoints).

With that being said there will always be one company that takes or maintains the lead.
It's all subjective though

Yes, the statement is teye i suppoE, but thats jever what the question is actually for. The question is designed for the purpose of discussing who had the best showing. Its a worthless answer. Whats worse is that its becoming a more elitist point of view.

Conegamer said:
Trucks wasn't the one who locked it, I was

But still, some good points you're making there. I approve.

Oh. trucks messaged me, so i think i just assumed, but im glad you approve. 

Saying "Gamers Win" at an event like E3 that is about games is like saying "Fans of Football Win" at the World Cup, an event about Football. It's the type of answer that you get from a news reporter who remains neutral and just reports the overall theme of an event without actually offering an opinion of his own.

spemanig said:
pokoko said:
"GAMERS WIN" is every bit as valid an opinion as anything else. It seems kind of silly to suggest that it is not. The only dispute would be with context and if it's relevant to the discussion at hand. If the question is, "who won E3," then it's fine. If the question is, "which company will see the most economic impact from their E3 presentation," then it is not.

Regardless, it seems an odd thing to get upset about, especially when so many people are over-exaggerating specific games simply because they're exclusive to their favorite platform. That's much more annoying than someone trying to be optimistic.

No it isn't. Gamers are not a candidate in the competition. Gamers don't win anything. They didn't compete. They didn't participate in the competition. They are not a factoring party, they are the judge. They are irrelevant to the question being asked. That's like asking "who won the dance off?" "The audience." No. The audience didn't compete. They're irrelevant to the question.

That is absolutely a brilliant response. Thank you for summing that up soclearly.  It shows how ridiculous of a response it really is. Its meaningless. And the worst part is that these people think its the ONLY answer. Lol

Around the Network

Good to see the your thread is back up and running again we came to a interesting conclusion didnt we. Its hard to discuss things like this, people dont necessarily see the big picture. I can defnitely see why threads like these do russle some peoples jimmies and stir up controversy .

Anyone that uses caps lock the entire post is annoying and a complete loser.

GhetooBillGates said:

Good to see the your thread is back up and running again we came to a interesting conclusion didnt we. Its hard to discuss things like this, people dont necessarily see the big picture. I can defnitely see why threads like these do russle some peoples jimmies and stir up controversy .

Yeah. I did come to some interesting conclusions, I can at least say that for myself. It was pretty much my fault that the thread got locked so I wanted to try to correct that. But yeah, like I said to another user, I do think we can strive for objectivity here. Also, I'm sad to see that nintendo made no traction on those charts. I do, however, think they turned a good amount of heads. 

sethnintendo said:

Anyone that uses caps lock the entire post is annoying and a complete loser.

Lol. Yeah, that was the exact post. Caps and all. 

Nadwki said:

Saying "Gamers Win" at an event like E3 that is about games is like saying "Fans of Football Win" at the World Cup, an event about Football. It's the type of answer that you get from a news reporter who remains neutral and just reports the overall theme of an event without actually offering an opinion of his own.

What do football fans get if their team wins? Pride? At least gamers get great games. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!