By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie’s Thoughts on Wii U Outselling The PS4 and Xbox One

MoHasanie said:
oniyide said:

that makes no sense. If active Sony users left and Ninty ones stayed that means. that there are more Nintendo users. Thats common sense.

No, because there have always been more Sony fans since I've joined. I wasn't a  user before the end of 2012, but ever since I've joined, Sony fans were the most. Just cause the most active people on this site have left doesn't mean the Sony fans have just disappeared. 

as someone who has been a user longer than you and a lurker even longer. Im telling you you are wrong. 

Around the Network
EdHieron said:
DarkD said:
EdHieron said:Microsoft and Sony never lied when the Wii was winning.  They just said they were far more powerful machines with many more times the better games than Wii, and they were telling the truth.

and you actually believe that....  You must live in a very special place then.  Take "The Last Guardian" for example... Oh wait you live in a special world where people don't realize they're being lied too.  I can't show you this link either

http://bgr.com/2014/03/05/killzone-shadow-fall-1080p-playstation-4/

because it exposes Sony's marketing lies...  

http://n4g.com/user/blogpost/m4ndat0ry_1nstall/516345

Another link that you probably can't understand because it explains how Sony lies to people....  Damn...

The PS3 was a vastly more powerful console than the 6.5 gen Wii just as PS4 is a vastly more powerful console than the 7.5 gen Wii U.  And the PS3 had dramatically better games than Wii.  Just in this decade alone "Journey" and "The Last of Us" won Overall Game of the Year honors and in 2010 "Uncharted II" won Overall Game of the Year.  When was the last time a Nintendo game did that?  1991?  Lastly, "The Last Guardian" is still on its way.  The end.

Super Mario Galaxy, on Wii.

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

TheLastStarFighter said:
The great thing about what he said is that it is 100% correct. The reactions are funny.

it is correct, but also misguided and dilusional...when you facotr in the extra year on the market for wii-u...................

Orepheus said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
The great thing about what he said is that it is 100% correct. The reactions are funny.

it is correct, but also misguided and dilusional...when you facotr in the extra year on the market for wii-u...................

No, actually, it's not.  When going forward, all that matters is the present.  If sales pick up today for Wii U and slow down for PS4, the time up to this point will be completely irrelevant.

TheLastStarFighter said:
Orepheus said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

No, actually, it's not.  When going forward, all that matters is the present.  If sales pick up today for Wii U and slow down for PS4, the time up to this point will be completely irrelevant.

If unicorns were real, what in gods name will make that happen? The third party support alone for ps4 makes this impossible, also, sales up to this point, historicla trends, market awareness do matter.

Wii-u is nealy 2 years old, there is nothing that is going to turn it around and nothing to make ps4 slow down, heck ps4 has not even hit a cheap mass market price yet.

Around the Network
Orepheus said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

If unicorns were real, what in gods name will make that happen? The third party support alone for ps4 makes this impossible, also, sales up to this point, historicla trends, market awareness do matter.

Wii-u is nealy 2 years old, there is nothing that is going to turn it around and nothing to make ps4 slow down, heck ps4 has not even hit a cheap mass market price yet.

It's this train of thought that make most people poor predictors.  Basing the future on the past.

A lot of the mods and higher ups on this site have always seemed to be Nintendo ( and to a lesser extent Microsoft fans ) ready to hit the trigger and block anyone that says something that casts any dispersion on Nintendo ( and not as often but frequently enough to be noticeable Microsoft ) while making Sony / Playstation come off as clearly superior to the other consoles.

Note: I'm going to buy a Wii U. Devil's Third and particularly that ___ in the black lingerie did seal the deal ( plus Bayonetta being included with Bayonetta 2 ) and The Mario Kart Bundle is a pretty sweet deal for everything you get in the box.  I would even buy it at $350 if it had the pro controller in there too;  But, I sincerely hope Sony and PS4 win this gen in a PS2 fashion because I think that's what's best for both mature console game players and fans of Japanese style video games. Note 2: I also plan to buy an X1 sometime this year ( largely for Sunset Overdrive and the Masterchief Collection ).

61,000 on May in USA...
Humm, if Reggie he said one something like that, one reason must occur...
Maybe, the first 2 days MK8 not have the big boots (even if have +400% in USA and +666% in UK), and the first day of June have continued the boost...

TheLastStarFighter said:
Orepheus said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

It's this train of thought that make most people poor predictors.  Basing the future on the past.

Are you serious??? I bet you would say that we study history for the giggles and fun facts not to understand better our own mistakes and predict how certain things better... you can only predict based on the past or else you would be just randomly choosing numbers or future facts. But maybe to you it makes more sense to ask a divinator or a time traveler to say what happened in the future then you can predict the future not based on the past but on the future.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."