By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I Don't get Why you Homies Think Digital is Not Cheaper...

Not cheaper for new console games, same price, pay tax as well, plus $2 per GB to download if I go over 80GB in a month.

Not cheaper for older console games either. I recently bought Lego batman 2 for WiiU for $14.99, it's $19.99 on the eShop.

Around the Network

Well, I buy a physical disc, if I think I will not replay the game I re-sell it right away... bang, I recovered half the money right there (or more)!

No gas for me, I walk to the store!

I buy digital games when they come on sale, under 30$ for a AAA game, under 10 - 15$ for the other titles... I do like the convenience of not having to swap discs!

Fortunately for now at least, Oregonians don't get charged sales tax or digital tax. I think I'll take my physical copy pl0x.

VanceIX said:
CDiablo said:
VanceIX said:

Consoles are picking up flash sales as well (at least Sony is). I bought Ni no Kuni for $5 the other day on a flash sale. You can't beat that price at retail. In the last few months, Sony especially has shown signs of embracing the digital sales model.

No offense man but I really dont think you are reading my responses. NNK is as I stated a greatest hit. You probably wont ever do better than $10 on that. XBOX does the same for their Platinum/Greatest/whatever hits digitally. Every other game outside of the $20/greatest/platinum price point you can usually do better with physical

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles wasn't a greatest hit, and I got it for $20 digitally on a flash sale.

Arcania the Complete Tale wasn't a greatest hit, and it's $5 digitally right now.

Ys: Memories of Celceta wasn't a greatest hit, and I got for $20 off on a flash sale.

Atelier: Escha and Logy isn't a greatest hit, and I got it for $25 off on a flash sale.

Dark Souls 2 was $22 off on a flash sale a week ago.

I can keep going, but all those games were available for huge mark-offs just over the last month or two. 

TOSC: Has been $19.99 on sale before and can be had used between $20-$25

ATCT(is this Gothic 4+DLC?):Is a great deal(as is any game for $5), looks like it was low print and the best I see is $22

Ys: Has been $20 instore, and you could have had it for cheaper through various sales stores clearencing their Vita section(Toys R Us had like every vita game for $8 recently cause they are dropping Vita)

Atelier can be had for $40 and is a very a good price

Dark Souls 2 Can be had for $30(You can get steam codes for $15)

You are doing okay, epsecially since you seem to enjoy more niche games, which tend to hold value or drop in value then sharply raise once the in store copies dry up. MS had Vesperia and Eternal Sonata for $7 recently which was good. They were fetching like $60-$100 then got reprinted and are now $20. Most games. I will admit you will almost never see a console game for less than $10. You seldom see DD games on consoles for less than $10 either. The deals you get on consoles dont often do much better than (and are usually worse than)instore sales. There is a reason PC has pretty much abandoned physical and not consoles.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

CDiablo said:

TOSC: Has been $19.99 on sale before and can be had used between $20-$25

ATCT(is this Gothic 4+DLC?):Is a great deal(as is any game for $5), looks like it was low print and the best I see is $22

Ys: Has been $20 instore, and you could have had it for cheaper through various sales stores clearencing their Vita section(Toys R Us had like every vita game for $8 recently cause they are dropping Vita)

Atelier can be had for $40 and is a very a good price

Dark Souls 2 Can be had for $30(You can get steam codes for $15)

You are doing okay, epsecially since you seem to enjoy more niche games, which tend to hold value or drop in value then sharply raise once the in store copies dry up. MS had Vesperia and Eternal Sonata for $7 recently which was good. They were fetching like $60-$100 then got reprinted and are now $20. Most games. I will admit you will almost never see a console game for less than $10. You seldom see DD games on consoles for less than $10 either. The deals you get on consoles dont often do much better than (and are usually worse than)instore sales. There is a reason PC has pretty much abandoned physical and not consoles.

That's mainly out of necessity, with the explosion of console popularity, most retail outlets have stripped down or removed entirely their PC section.