By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda U Analyzed and Explained! My Theory of Where and When the Next Game will be Set

So it's pretty much decided that I need to have a Wii U fairly soon. This will be beyond amazing!!!

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

It's just the vibe I got when looking at the teaser.  It reminded me of looking around at Hyrule under water from the castle, the Hyrule you can't touch.  In a literal extension of that, Aonuma may have said hey... let's build that Hyrule now, because we can.  Add to that the Blue tunic, and the fact that Wii U owners just had WWHD and a sequel to that would make some sense, and I could see it happen.

Alternatively, it could be the WW Hyrule pre-flood, but I don't see them taking a prequel type root after just doing SS.

Another option floating in my head is that it could be on the original LoZ timeline, and it is that world, now brought to life in beautiful 3DHD.  I do get that vibe too, boundless hills and forest and mystery.  I could very much see Aonuma returning to that original Zelda world.

Yes, it's quite obvious that Aunoma has been inspired by the openess of the first LoZ - something I've been craving for a long time! I think that might be my favorite Zelda still :P

The original has never been topped for me. Still my favorite game of all time.  I love the action, gadgets, exploration and mystery.  Such a great adventure.  I am BEYOND hyped for this new title, the visual glimpse and philosophy behind the game seems like everything I've dreamed of since '88 or so, lol.

Also, fun analysis of the teaser!

Great analysis. But there's something I would like to mention: That 'The Hero' apparently has access to technology (the 'arrow' and the 'enemy'). And in the Legend of Zelda lore, the only time they had that amount of tech was BEFORE Skyward Sword.

Except Hyrule Castle was never destroyed in timeline B. B is the child timeline. C is the adult timeline, where Link was sent away as an adult and thus didn't reincarnate to save Hyrule from Ganon when he did break out (essentially a bad end for Twilight Princess). So the castle would be there in a pre-TP game.

That said, unless timeline positioning is super-important to the plot (like Skyward Sword and the formation of the master sword) then we might not know for a while.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I've updated my conclusions now! I have three theories now: Sequel to SS, prequel to ALTTP or prequel to WW!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
TheLastStarFighter said:

The original has never been topped for me. Still my favorite game of all time.  I love the action, gadgets, exploration and mystery.  Such a great adventure.  I am BEYOND hyped for this new title, the visual glimpse and philosophy behind the game seems like everything I've dreamed of since '88 or so, lol.

Also, fun analysis of the teaser!

Yes, I am soooo hoping this will return to the core roots of Zelda! Full and open exploration of the world was such a thrill back then and I hope they can recreate some of that now =) And thanks :D

ghost_of_fazz said:
Great analysis. But there's something I would like to mention: That 'The Hero' apparently has access to technology (the 'arrow' and the 'enemy'). And in the Legend of Zelda lore, the only time they had that amount of tech was BEFORE Skyward Sword.

Man, that is a GOOD point!! The only problem of this being a pre-SS Link is that the reincarnation didn't begin until the very end of SS....

Mr Khan said:
Except Hyrule Castle was never destroyed in timeline B. B is the child timeline. C is the adult timeline, where Link was sent away as an adult and thus didn't reincarnate to save Hyrule from Ganon when he did break out (essentially a bad end for Twilight Princess). So the castle would be there in a pre-TP game.

That said, unless timeline positioning is super-important to the plot (like Skyward Sword and the formation of the master sword) then we might not know for a while.

Yes, that's a very good point! I updated my conclusion before reading this post, but it's more in line with what you're saying now. Did I mention Time Line B in any of the text before the conclusion?

I loved reading this!

DanneSandin said:
ghost_of_fazz said:

Man, that is a GOOD point!! The only problem of this being a pre-SS Link is that the reincarnation didn't begin until the very end of SS....

I thought that was a theory and not confirmed, that SS Link is actually Hylia's Chosen Hero, considering the time-travel involved in the game.