By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
jlmurph2 said:
ExplodingBlock said:
You know you console is dead when it gets outsold by the WII

What console is that? Wii is at the bottom.

Ouya

Around the Network

lot of meltdowns and excuses being made in this thread. It is what it is. I imagine alot of people bought consoles PRIOR to watchdogs and MK8 so thats why it didnt get the boost some people wanted. We'll see for sure in Jan but if nothing really changes for WIi U stick a fork in it its done. Smash isnt nearly as big and its competing with a cheaper sku on a more popular system

Vena said:

That's still not really on point though. We never HAD a week post launch.

Reggie's quote is of the week following release, we had two days... and his quote was well INTO June. Yes, the WiiU could have been pulling hypothetical 8.5k units but the numbers at current as we see them for May are of little relevance to a quote that came in the following month. You're looking at: (Two days of end of May + five days in June)/3rd Week of May #s = 4.1x.

The two days of May are, what, 25k+ given the bundle figures? Let's round it to 35k. That's already ~4x the number of our hypothetical 3rd week. Then that means that the WiiU in June sold zero units if the third week was only 8.5k to match with Reggie's quote. Anything more, his number would have been bigger.

Again I ask, how much do you think the Wii U was doing in the first three weeks of May?  Because your rounding to 35k for only 2 days just doesn't work.  35k in just the last two days would leave 25k for the previous 26.  That would give a weekly average well below 8.5k, and it has to be at least 8.5kx4.1 to reach 35k.  35k works as the full 7 day fourth week, but not as the first two days.

If you are arguing that Reggie was referring to the first full seven days of Mario Kart and not NPD weeks, then there still isn't much boost leftover for June.  The Wii U did 60k in May, and minimum of 25k in the last two days.  That means it did at most 35k over 26 days.  That is ~3.71 weeks, or an average of 9.4k per week in May before Mario Kart released.  A 4.1x boost would only bring the week to 38.54k.  25k is already known from the first two days, so that brings it down to 13.54k for the first 5 days of June.  Those numbers would actually be even lower considering the other Wii U bundles would have continued to sell after MK release.  If they did just 4k in those two days, that would change it to 8.4k per week in May pre MK, and only 5.44k for the next 5 days in June.

That brings us back to your first post I quoted

"We know that there's a missing 4x hardware movement in the the states that's obviously not apparent in these numbers as 60k/4 != 30k."

So if Reggie was talking about the last 2 days of May and first 5 of June, then the overwhelming majority of the 4.1x hardware movement is apparent in these May numbers.

We have the numbers, and the ones that make the most sense are the 8.5/8.5/8.5/34.5k.  There would obviously be some fluctuation week to week, but it would be in that ballpark.  If he was reffering to the first full week of June, the number would be far too high.  If he was referring to May 30-Jun 5, then sales would have dropped hard in the five days of June.

jlmurph2 said:
ExplodingBlock said:

No, Vita is at the bottom in terms of hardware, Wii outsold it by 2k :/

ExplodingBlock said:

The Wii only sold 11k.  The Vita is also ahead of the PS3 which did 36k.

Around the Network
ExplodingBlock said:
jlmurph2 said:
ExplodingBlock said:

Vita has 56k sold. What are you talking about?

ExplodingBlock said:
jlmurph2 said:
ExplodingBlock said:

If you're using VGC numbers don't. They undertracked Vita hardcore. 

Yakuzaice said:

We have the numbers, and the ones that make the most sense are the 8.5/8.5/8.5/34.5k.  There would obviously be some fluctuation week to week, but it would be in that ballpark.  If he was reffering to the first full week of June, the number would be far too high.  If he was referring to May 30-Jun 5, then sales would have dropped hard in the five days of June.

Which is why I said it didn't make sense at all to work with the numbers we're working with. As I said at the very end of my last statement, given the numbers we're looking at and if the numbers are as we're hypothetically breaking them down, then the WiiU moved next to nothing in the days following the TWO days that the bundle and MK8 was on the market.

So you're basically arguing that Reggie, with his quote in June, was talking about only two days of May, and that the WiiU sold nothing in the subsequent days of the first week in June.

And just to be clear, I am not trying to argue that WiiU sold some phenomenal numbers or that its even been saved, but that these numbers and the info from Nintendo don't seem to gel unless we make some weird statements or hard cuts to numbers. Hence why I keep saying to wait till June's numbers.

Finally, Vita without depressing numbers!

Once you entered you won't be the same anymore. A blog about life.

http://seetheworlddifferent.wordpress.com/

Could also be an adjustment month for Vita after it was consistently over tracked on vgchartz compared to NPD.