By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Confirmed – Batman: Arkham Knight’s Demo During Sony’s Conference Was Running On PC

vivster said:
What kind of PC? Alienware Steambox? :P

agreed that is what I wanna know.

Around the Network

The first trailer had some jaggy parts like the city overview at the beginning. The E3 footage was super clean (at least in the stream I saw).

MoHasanie said:

Didn't people make a huge deal last year at E3 when it was thought that MS was running their games on pc as well? But I guess when Sony does it, its no longer a big deal...

Well, what was shown at E3 didn't represent the final product. Forza 5 was noticably downgraded from the first reveal and in the hands-on, to the end product.

But yes, at E3, publishers want their games to look at their best. And being on PC, PS4 and Xbox one. WB (and others) obviously want to their game to be showcased in the best possible way (assuming there is no exlcusive deal between the two parties). There's a difference.

Edit: same thing happened to Watchdogs. Gamers went apeshit over that. In any case, just assume any multiplat shown at E3 to running on PC unless stated otherwise.

It did look amazing so i never thought the footage came from a console.

Fuck this shit. That's why Nintendo takes this E3 by a landslide: Extended unscripted gameplay footage played on a WiiU, none of that PC Vertical Slice bullshit.

/rant

Thanks Sony for showing me the beauty of the PC version, will buy that

Around the Network

Sony is suddenly doing many of the same things MS has been criticized for years.

Nobody seems to care though.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Edit: never mind

MoHasanie said:

Didn't people make a huge deal last year at E3 when it was thought that MS was running their games on pc as well? But I guess when Sony does it, its no longer a big deal...

They were running first party platform exclusive games on XB1 at 1080p 60FPS with levels of details way higher than what shipped... They argued that the games were demoed on their console when asked about it etc.

That was beyond the "usual" level of deception.

And no, this is not 100% OK, some people will argue over it for a while I guess... I liked how it looked, I hope it will be like this on the PS4, but now I wonder, maybe it will be so, with less AA and it will run at only 30fps or so.

Darth Tigris said:
MoHasanie said:

Welcome to Gamrconnect!  And Kotaku, and Neogaf and etc, etc, etc ...

The complaints were for games that were exclusive to X1 and no PC version was actually being released. No one cared that watch_dogs, COD, BF, etc. was PC version, not console version. It would be similar if Sony showed The Order, Uncharted 4, etc. on PC instead of PS4.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Fusioncode said:
Acevil said:
Fusioncode said:
MoHasanie said:

I don't understand what this has to do with Sony. 3rd parties naturally want to show off their games in the best light so they'll use use footage from the strongest PC imaginable. 

The thing is, many have made a huge deal in the past for Microsoft doing it. I for one don't care either way (I am not really that picky as long as it looks similar to the PC version and plays well), but I will say ya, this will most likely not be a big deal.

Again, this a publisher decision. It has nothing to do with Sony or Microsoft. 

Maybe it is a publisher decision, but Sony and Microsoft are acting like the games are running on the PlayStation 4 or XBox One during the presentations which is truly a scam!!!