By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta 2 is DOOOMD!

Tagged games:

Cheebee said:

Well the original won't be included with the digital eShop version of Bayonetta 2, so there.

Both the Physical and Digital purchase of Bayonetta 2 include a download code for the digital version of Bayonetta original.

Around the Network

The game could potentially do decently in Japan. That's about the most it's got going for it. In NA, I'd expect max 300k lifetime. Europe, 150k-200k and Japan max 400k. So I'm predicting maximum lifetime sales 900k. I think that's being kinda optimistic though considering how niche this game really is. I'd consider it a minor success/miracle if it outsells the original PS3 game.

C0LINx said:
The game could potentially do decently in Japan. That's about the most it's got going for it. In NA, I'd expect max 300k lifetime. Europe, 150k-200k and Japan max 400k. So I'm predicting maximum lifetime sales 900k. I think that's being kinda optimistic though considering how niche this game really is. I'd consider it a minor success/miracle if it outsells the original XBOX 360 game.

PosGamePlatformYearGenrePublisherNorth AmericaEuropeJapanRest of WorldGlobal
1 Bayonetta PS3 2009 Action Sega 0.41 0.36 0.21 0.15 1.13
2 Bayonetta X360 2009 Action Sega 0.49 0.23 0.09 0.08 0.89

It will sell more in EUA

Click HERE and be happy 

Are you guys insane? It will sell AT LEAST 1 million, mark my words.

trestres said:
Cleary397 said:
trestres said:
Gonna be a terribly stupid decision if Bayo 2 Digital doesn't include Bayo 1.
For people living outside of the US, it's practically impossible to find niche games like this, and when you do, you pay double or triple the price.

Plus being digital is cheaper for Nintendo (or in this case Nintendollar). Not buying if it doesn't include the bonus. And also Nintendo is Elitist and disgraceful by never extending their promotions to territories outside North America, Japan or Europe.

Confirmed by Ninty that digital includes both games!

Great news. When was this confirmed??

No idea if he replied, but hur yur ger!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/06/bayonetta_download_code_included_with_retail_and_eshop_copies_of_bayonetta_2

I'm personally picking up the game. I wanted to play the first Bayonetta for the longest time and since EB games sends all their games back to their distribution warehouses that don't sell i lost my chance to buy. 

Around the Network

yea as a boring nintendo hater my guess is it will have negative sales!!!

cusman said:
Cheebee said:

Well the original won't be included with the digital eShop version of Bayonetta 2, so there.

Both the Physical and Digital purchase of Bayonetta 2 include a download code for the digital version of Bayonetta original.

Yes, but when I originally posted that a few days ago that appeared not to be the case.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

EricFabian said:
C0LINx said:
The game could potentially do decently in Japan. That's about the most it's got going for it. In NA, I'd expect max 300k lifetime. Europe, 150k-200k and Japan max 400k. So I'm predicting maximum lifetime sales 900k. I think that's being kinda optimistic though considering how niche this game really is. I'd consider it a minor success/miracle if it outsells the original XBOX 360 game.

PosGamePlatformYearGenrePublisherNorth AmericaEuropeJapanRest of WorldGlobal
1 Bayonetta PS3 2009 Action Sega 0.41 0.36 0.21 0.15 1.13
2 Bayonetta X360 2009 Action Sega 0.49 0.23 0.09 0.08 0.89

It will sell more in EUA

I was judging my theory off of the install base of the Wii U in Europe, not how much the original sold in other countries.

Good for you.

I will say if I agree or not when I figure out what "Doomd" means.

I do agree. I doubt Bayo2 will reach 2 million!