By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CoD4 - What's your rank?

Munkeh111 said:
Just started prestige mode, and I'm finding it much harder than it used to be using crap weapons, although the grenade launcher on the M16 is very good, however I will be changing to the M4 as soon as possible

Jep, when you get to lvl 10(?) you get the M4... Then make 25 kills and you have the RED DOT SIGHT.

Then your ready to go!

And ye, it's way harder the 2nd time with those crap-ass guns. But i started prestige mode yesterday and now im level 31 again. 

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

I'm level 33-35, I forget, on PC...haven't been playing 24/7 or anything though.

My favorite weapon right now is M16, grenade launcher, stopping power and the increased penetration perk.

Second favorite is MP5, silenced, with UAV jammer, increased sprinting and...one other perk which I forget.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

StarcraftManiac said:
Munkeh111 said:
Just started prestige mode, and I'm finding it much harder than it used to be using crap weapons, although the grenade launcher on the M16 is very good, however I will be changing to the M4 as soon as possible

Jep, when you get to lvl 10(?) you get the M4... Then make 25 kills and you have the RED DOT SIGHT.

Then your ready to go!

And ye, it's way harder the 2nd time with those crap-ass guns. But i started prestige mode yesterday and now im level 31 again. 

You have just been playing constantly (and never seem to join my game, and every time I try and join you, it says the server is full.....)

Anway, I should get there soon, but I need to get to level 55 by mid March, cause I want to leave it there until I move to RSV 2

Level 55 on PC version, lifetime 38k kills, 2:1 K/D ratio, over 6 days play time, average about 1k points per match on 20 minute TDMs, that's 50 points per minute, lifetime record is 208 kills 63 deaths in 1 20 minute match, just over 10 kills per minute...

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

But its so easy to get kills on the PC version, i've seen videos of 50 players matches on Shipment we only get 12 on shipment. And we don't get to pick our maps, plus our 18 player matches lag like crazy because IW sucks

Around the Network
Griffin said:
But its so easy to get kills on the PC version, i've seen videos of 50 players matches on Shipment we only get 12 on shipment. And we don't get to pick our maps, plus our 18 player matches lag like crazy because IW sucks

They don't lag on 18 player games any more, even though I have a poor connection, there is not much lag. Anyway, 50 on shipment would just be stupid, you would have 5 people spawning in the same place

Munkeh111 said:
Griffin said:

They don't lag on 18 player games any more, even though I have a poor connection, there is not much lag. Anyway, 50 on shipment would just be stupid, you would have 5 people spawning in the same place

They don't lag on 18players, i must be playing a different game then you then, when i put 40rounds of a P90 into someone and they don't die thats not right, and this happens all the time.  The thing that is really fucked though is that most times these targets are not moving.

Maybe you should watch the killcams after you get killed, in over 90% of them the other guy is not in the place you saw him.  And i watch 99% of the killcams when i'm killed.  When i knife and shoot a guy and then the kill cam shows him 5-10 feet in another direction then thats lag.

I was gutted to find out the PC version didn't have Prestige Ranks, I would've happily gone through it to get the higher insignias.

I've got little over a day's worth of playing now and I've just hit rank 49, so I'm getting close to the 55 milestone. The challenge for me, is to get the Marksman challenges (150 kills) completed on ALL weapons and then try going for the Headshot challenges on my more preferable weapons.

I'm finding out how much I hate Sniper Rifles (I have zero patience to camp and wait looking down a scope), and Shotguns (seriously, I've never played a game with shotguns as bad as CoD4!)

But yeah, missing Prestige Ranks :(