By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinions On GT4

I desided to put GT4 (IN MY 60GB) sorry had to rub that into the 40gb people. ive been playing it abit, I enjoy the fact that some cars can redline higher than others (rx7 *wink*). But what i cant help but get annoyed at is how many times you have to repeat a track just to be able to race slighty higher to get more money per race.

Does anybody else have to same feeling about GT4, i know its like all the others but i think i'd have alot more fun if they made it easier to improve, up in the GT world.

Discuss

Around the Network

I would rather play it on a PS2. No need for a PS3 until its say 199 US and there are 500 games to chose from. Wait  two to three years and PS3 will be dirt cheap and also backwards compatible.

Cmon people i want response's :D

hum,

I have the same feeling about GT4 being longer (harder?) to complete
In fact, u get less cash by selling ur "present" car, so it is harder to get all the cars u want ^^

Time to Work !

I've said for a while now that Polyphony needs a "gameplay engineer" to tweak the game's fun factor. The racing feel is awesome, it just needs more balance and less aggravation in the events and such. So basically, yeah, I agree. :)

Around the Network

who has played gt5 pre thingo. is it the same?

Entroper said:
I've said for a while now that Polyphony needs a "gameplay engineer" to tweak the game's fun factor. The racing feel is awesome, it just needs more balance and less aggravation in the events and such. So basically, yeah, I agree. :)

The development in the racing mechanics and cars are so involved, and excellent, but the actual game design fell off in 4. The exact opposite of that is Mario Kart, where little developement goes into the karts and the gameplay is the big shabang.

It's really just that there is a huge breadth of seperation in the racing genre, and both ends of the spectrum, arcade and sim, have hugh niche markets. So basically, it all about taste. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

WhiteDevil said:
who has played gt5 pre thingo. is it the same?
I doubt you can tell from the demo.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

The GTHD demo is a poor representation, but GT5 Prologue should be a pretty good representation with a lot less content.

GT5P will not have the "buy your car and tune it to progress" aspect of the game.

None of the past prologues have either.

Its called career mode, try playing arcade, that has the win a race get a car aspect you want.

Do your races intelegently, go for high money, short races. If possible do ones where you win a car. Selling that car will make you money faster than winning the races.

Playing the races intelegently is half of the game.