By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinions On GT4

GT4's problems were no where near GT2's. Parts of that game were simply broken.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

I think its an awesome game, can't wait for GT5!

I never got 100% completion but I beat most of the hardest ones. All I really didn't finish is the one make races.

I'm back...

nah i tried arcade didn't like it. Im just saying that i think they should make it a little easier in GT mode

WhiteDevil said:
I desided to put GT4 (IN MY 60GB) sorry had to rub that into the 40gb people. 

YAY! you spent $1000 AUD on something when you could have spent $678 AUD for the 40gb and $180 on the PS2, congrats on your "smart" purchase!!

Sorry had to rub that in because you were asking for trouble with that comment ;)

Anyway, loved GT4, still play it occasionally when people are over or when I want to drift (Sil80 + Trial Mountain = Awesome drifting). I'm not fussed about the game's system for progress, my one and only gripe is that usually I'll only compete in one event over and over again because of the prize car and racing the same races over and over gets quite boring. Other than that, some AI issues here and there, but others a great game. 

I ain't buying GT5P, just because I think it's a lame attempt to milk the game for all it's worth, you'd think they realised by the difference between GT3 and GT4 sales how stupid prologue is. 

CAL4M1TY said:

I ain't buying GT5P, just because I think it's a lame attempt to milk the game for all it's worth, you'd think they realised by the difference between GT3 and GT4 sales how stupid prologue is.

Confused by your comment, you do know theres been a Prologue for every version >1?

Around the Network
CAL4M1TY said:
WhiteDevil said:
I desided to put GT4 (IN MY 60GB) sorry had to rub that into the 40gb people.

YAY! you spent $1000 AUD on something when you could have spent $678 AUD for the 40gb and $180 on the PS2, congrats on your "smart" purchase!!

Sorry had to rub that in because you were asking for trouble with that comment ;)

Anyway, loved GT4, still play it occasionally when people are over or when I want to drift (Sil80 + Trial Mountain = Awesome drifting). I'm not fussed about the game's system for progress, my one and only gripe is that usually I'll only compete in one event over and over again because of the prize car and racing the same races over and over gets quite boring. Other than that, some AI issues here and there, but others a great game.

You my friend are far far far away from right

for 1000$ I got Ps3 2 games (resistance and motorstrom) and 2 controls with BC and 20 extra gb . Who won this round? 

The worst thing in GT 4 (and GT 3) is the car sounds, all the engines sound idiotic when you tune them and remind me of lawnmowers sometimes.
A lot of the most sexxay sounding cars in the world sound boring in the game (Supra, Skyline, anything V-Tech, V-8's, 5 cylinder engines, race cars etc., its all bland).

@mummelmann

100% agree, they all sound. umm very standed like boring yeah thats the word. im so close to giving up with GT4 right now.

Its pissin me off, ive just tuned a 1967 skyline (i think thats the year) and ill beat all the other cars in classic.. and theres one thats wins buy like 30secs, WTH and my car isnt to far off being tuned to the max

GT is almost as overrated as Halo...
GT is a great, excellent tech demo, it really looks like the real deal... but it's a snore to play... did you actually ever laughed or cheered or were happy playing these? i mean the only cool part i can remember is my friends saying wooow, dude, that looks so real, don't forget that games should be fun, GT feels like work

Listen to the voice of reason, then do as I say.

I think the best part of the GT series was in GT2 when you could just whore the Escudo or whatever it was in just about every race.