By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii Fit thread. Place your blame here

weezy said:
its getting ridiculous ...I gotta fend them off with my wiimote like..
"yo...... ladies...back up"

(i carry my wiimote at all times)

Maybe you shouldn't leave it in your front pocket.

Around the Network
jlauro said:
weezy said:
its getting ridiculous ...I gotta fend them off with my wiimote like..
"yo...... ladies...back up"

(i carry my wiimote at all times)

Maybe you shouldn't leave it in your front pocket.

Oooooh, burn.

I blame wii fit

jaykay

i can't wait for it to come out

al though it won't make me skinnier it is cool to have !!!!!

stof said:
The guy really makes some weird noises too...

ROFL - I think that makes me not want to buy it now lolol

OT: As for the price....sure it may be a little expensive but Americans are crazy about fitness and will spend $$ for it! 

courtesy of Damkira

Nintendo has just announced that the estimated retail price for Wii Fit will be £69.99 in the UK and 89.99 euros in the rest of Europe.

Wii Fit is due to launch across Europe on 25 April 2007. Since its launch in Japan on 1 December 2007, Wii Fit has already sold in excess of 1.4 million units to date, making it one of the fastest selling Wii titles in Japan.

Wii Fit comes bundled with the Wii Balance Board, an accessory developed exclusively for the Wii console that is a pressure sensitive, wireless balance board that goes on the floor – so someone can stand on it in front of the TV.

It senses weight and shift in balance in any direction and therefore by standing on the Wii Balance Board during activities allows players to follow along to movements ensuring they have full control of the on-screen activities.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/xml/article/tech/0,,91221-13093,00.html

Damn.. It must be difficult if prices vary that much from currency to currency...

69.99 GBP
=
91.6505 EUR

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

I was already buying this shit on day 1, but those panda heads are a nice bonus. The shoes would've been too easy to dodge.

I blame wii fit. But I will be buying it. :(

Great writeup on Wii Fit is still in progression at 4 Color Rebellion.

http://www.4colorrebellion.com/archives/2008/02/26/the-great-experiment-wii-fit-week-3/ 

A well known blogger who's been tracking how Wii Fit has affected him. Total results: -4.6 lbs in 3 weeks. He says pants that he'd gotten too large for now fit him again, several people have complemented him, and he's quite confident that he's put muscle on in place of fat (meaning he's lost more than 4.6 lbs of fat, and replaced some with denser muscle).

He seems surprised and pleased with the product. His respose to it is very much like what Miyamato said a couple weeks ago: the most important thing, for him, has been awareness of his body and of fitness, not necessarily the weight gain itself. Several friends of his apparently now have interest in the game specifically because of his experiences, and it sounds like this game is selling virally.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

After watching these commercials, I really think I have to buy this game (but my girlfriend wanted it anyway).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

It will sell millions

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)