By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I hate to say it, but Sony E3 was terrible!

Pristine20 said:

1, Everyone knew FFXV and KH3 were going to be a no show
2. LoD has been AWOL since PS1, WA and Sly since PS2...if you expected these, you set yourself up for disappointment
3. GT6 just released
4.The Last Guardian is vaporware...I thought most realized this by now
5. Capcom in general was AWOL. They've been having problems lately so no hype= no expectation. IDK why you were expecting something from them
6. SC franchise is on life support. They went in the wrong direction. Tekken was more likely but Namco wasn't even present in general
7. This was set up to be a lame E3, IDK why you were overhyped to begin with. I on the other hand was surprised they had as many exclusives as they did
8. PS4 is selling at a good pace, why on earth would they cut the price? It would be bad business.

Wasn't the best E3 but I didn't have any real expectations so I thought the pros outweighed the cons. Can't stand the TV stuff but loving some of the new games. Seems like your expectations were somewhat outlandish so you were unpleaseable from the get-go

Granted they didn't mention it but towards the end when they had that montage of games one of em was clearly KH3. I may be mistaken tho.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Around the Network
Horrorfest said:
At least they announced God of War 4, Syphon Filter PS4, Last Guardian for PS4, Heavenly Sword 2, Guerilla Games New IP, Media Molecule IP, other new IP's, right? RIGHT?

Makin the rounds eh? I gotta say I loved it the first time...still loving it lol.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Wazowski said:
the only game that would make me insta buy a PS4 would be the remake of FFVII, if they announce something like that would blow me away, anything else would be just wait and see if it's worth it.

lol, if they remade it, you'll probably complain that it sucks when it launches

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

I thought both MS and Sony sucked, with Sony being more boring than MS's conference. They need speech lessons because the people that were on stage made the presentation sooo damn boring.

Nicklesbe said:
Pristine20 said:

1, Everyone knew FFXV and KH3 were going to be a no show
2. LoD has been AWOL since PS1, WA and Sly since PS2...if you expected these, you set yourself up for disappointment
3. GT6 just released
4.The Last Guardian is vaporware...I thought most realized this by now
5. Capcom in general was AWOL. They've been having problems lately so no hype= no expectation. IDK why you were expecting something from them
6. SC franchise is on life support. They went in the wrong direction. Tekken was more likely but Namco wasn't even present in general
7. This was set up to be a lame E3, IDK why you were overhyped to begin with. I on the other hand was surprised they had as many exclusives as they did
8. PS4 is selling at a good pace, why on earth would they cut the price? It would be bad business.

Wasn't the best E3 but I didn't have any real expectations so I thought the pros outweighed the cons. Can't stand the TV stuff but loving some of the new games. Seems like your expectations were somewhat outlandish so you were unpleaseable from the get-go

Granted they didn't mention it but towards the end when they had that montage of games one of em was clearly KH3. I may be mistaken tho.

Ultimately doesn't matter if it was KH or not. As a matter of fact, Sony was better off not announcing it. Why? It won't be available till earliest 2017. They need to shed the "delaystation" label. No more announcing games that won't be available in maximum 2 years. I remember people rushing to buy ps3 over FFvsXIII yet the game will never even appear on ps3 now.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
Wazowski said:
the only game that would make me insta buy a PS4 would be the remake of FFVII, if they announce something like that would blow me away, anything else would be just wait and see if it's worth it.

lol, if they remade it, you'll probably complain that it sucks when it launches

only if they changed to much from the original:P may be they should start with FFIX remake or FFVIII and see the reaction xD 

the funny part is they say they listen to fans..and some remakes that ld probably sell like hot cakes (even consoles) they really dont give it a try (lets instead keep trying to revive tomb raider). 

I was looking forward to Sony E3 show.

the show was very disappointing,

Srassy said:
Were you really expecting a price drop after 6 months when the console has been sold out for half of them? I think the reason you found the conference disappointing is that all of your expectations are completely unrealistic.

I wasn't expecting a PS4 price cut, but they stated that install base was more important to them than profit, just recently. With Microsoft's aggressive move of a $100 price cut, I thought they might do it. However, a PS3 price cut and Vita price cut were expected by Pachter and myself. As I said "It's high time."

Some of the games I mentioned like The Last Gaurdian and Wild Arms 6 were rumored and reasonable to hope for. Especially The Last Guardian, since Sony just confirmed it is not cancelled. How many freaking years does it take! Just like FFXV/Versus XIII!

Sony's failings imo were a few things

1. 2015 - practically all their big games are 2015 or later. Not really helping the PS4 has no games
2. middle section - boring sleep inducing talk tv, ect.
3. Vita reduced to basically a Wii U gamepad
4. game genre seems to be too similar. I have a hard time thinking back what games were all shown. Way too many shooters or gory games, that they blend into one. Where are my RPG's, adventure games, hell toss in a dance game or party game even. Something with a bit more color than blood. A bit of variety. Yes i know games shown at ubisoft/ea/microsoft that fit those are multiplat and available. But sony should have had them shown for even 20 seconds or something.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
gamemaster4747 said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Least Sony didn't fucking make fun of Conker... That was a hard blow MS! "Almost 10 Years without a new game, I guess we will have to make our own" Well fuck you too MS

I will have to see this.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2014-conker-s-return-to-be-as-true-and-genuine-to-conker-as-possible/1100-6420259/

Skip to 2:11

Poor Conker.