By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Despite Sony's denying it, The Last Guardian has been cancelled.

Tagged games:

So we all know about the rumor of The Last Guardian being cancelled and shortly after Sony denying it.  Do you really believe it's not cancelled though?  Do you really believe that The Last Guardian has been in development for seven years despite seeing nothing more than that one video back in 2009?  Haven't you noticed that Sony never brings up The Last Guardian except when they're questioned about it? 

Imo, The Last Guardian has been silently cancelled long ago and Sony is still keeping up with the charade that it's in development in order to keep the hype going, keep people interested in their console.  I mean they didn't ever say it was going to move over to the PS4, that's just the assumption that everyone has made.  Sony is in the lead right now, but I think Sony is waiting until the PS4 is in a much better position to officially announce the cancellation or they may keep making excuses year after year to avoid having to announce it. Announce it when your console is dominating, and it really doesn't matter.  Announcing it now when they have no games on the PS4 would be bad.

*edit*

This isn't because they didn't show it at this E3.  I don't think they're ever going to show it.  Except for an incomplete game, I don't think they have anything to show.

Around the Network

tgs

Well, Duke Nukem Forever never got cancelled, so there's a possibility!

I guess we'll find out!

The video was in 2010 I'm pretty sure. Not quite sure, but definitely not 2007.
And all I can say is yeah, ^^^, TGS. But I was a bit disappointed to not see it at E3 considering they thought it was big enough to show at E3 4 years ago...

Doesn't inspire confidence that it is near completetion. And supposedly Ueda's creative work was pretty much done like 7-8 months ago, so I'm not even sure it'll be *his* game the way I hoped it would be.

I wish they would just tell us already instead of keeping some of our hopes alive! My heart cant take much more of this T_T

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Skidonti said:
The video was in 2010 I'm pretty sure. Not quite sure, but definitely not 2007.
And all i can say is yeah, ^^^, TGS. But I was a bit disappointed to not see it at E3 considering they thought it was big enough to show at E3 4 years ago...

I'll edit it to 2009, since I'm seeing Youtube videos for  that time frame.  Thought it was announced with a trailer in 2007.  I guess I was wrong.

Wait till TGS....
I hope we'll be surprised at TGS

It'll release as a launch title for Mountain Dew's console in 2030.

If they canceled it, they would just shut up about it.

Them saying that it's "unequivocally in full production" means it's not canceled. In development hell maybe, but not canceled.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

You really think people bought the PS4 for The Last Guardian? LOL! Joke of the year right here. They could cancel it tomorrow and no one would give a shit.