By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 2014 Rate-A-Conference (Nintendo wins!)

Sony: 4
Microsoft: 2
EA: 2

Around the Network

EA 2

Ubisoft 2

Sony 3.5

MS 4

ms 3
Sony 3
Ubisoft 4
EA 2

MyCodenameIsIan said:
Microsoft - 4
EA - 2
Ubisoft - 3

Microsoft - 4 (Strong showing, but didn't have a game changing announcement.)
EA - 2 (By the numbers, sports and FPS)
Ubisoft - 3 (Strong showing, with some odd things given stage time.  Mostly recaps of things we knew about)
Sony - 4 (Great start, lost a little steam when they talked about social and TV before ending strongly.)

#SaveShenmue

Top 5 Most Anticipated Games:

- Quantum Break
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Destiny
- The Division
- Final Fantasy XV

Microsoft = 3 (solid show, but nothing that really wowed me)
EA = 2 (and just barely)
Ubisoft = 3 (again, solid show, nothing wowing, though they came close to a 4)
Sony = 4 (almost perfect, but not quite)

Will edit once I see Nintendo's tomorrow.

Around the Network

MS 4/5
Sony 3/5
EA 2/5

I regret making this my username, I made this name when I was 13 years old

Life could always get worse, you could be a mod for Neogaf

xbox 4 sony 2 ea 1

Ok finally got off work and watched good feeds of all four conferences from today.

Lots of good stuff. However, I do have to say two things I like today.

1) MS left Kinect out. Thank you. Maybe they are finally realizing its only good for specific stuff and once the dance games fully die out, so will kinect. (sorry Sony, but your headset is way to late)

2) I'm going to have to retract my never buying non-Nintendo console statement. Sony gave me three good 1st party titles I want tonight plus the lack of any 3rd party love for WiiU pretty much seals the deal. I'll have to grab a PS4 in 2015 near where Uncharted4 launches. Then grab LastOfUs, Order 1886, and LBP3 as well.

So for my scores tonight.

MS = 3. Pretty much a run-of-the-mill show for me. No wow and typical MShooter.

EA = 1. Bad presenters, followed by yearly crap, followed by games that shouldn't even be shown yet, followed by one decent BF game... not great, but looks fun... followed by turds on fire.

Ubi = 2. I hate their new "edgy" swear infested show. Its bullshit. The fucking chic needs to pack her shit and go. FarCry4 looked good and beyond that I still have a weird love for AC. But this was below standards for a good show.

Sony = 4. I really only expected to actually like Nintendo's conference this year. But man. I do like the idea of PStv. I like the fact that SonyTVs can stream PSnow. I love the idea of PSnow. I saw clearly first party titles I really want that are not stamped Nintendo. I saw a real 3rd party incentive to actually push towards a particular console in the BatmanAK exclusive scarecrow content. I love scarecrow. ... and then there is my favorite Sony IP. Uncharted4 in great detail. Plus the Order 1886 looks phenomenal.

Also.... updated OP to here.

SONY: 5
EA:5
UBI: 3
MS: 3

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

RolStoppable said:

Talk about low standards.

My scores:

MS - 2
EA - 0
Ubisoft - 1
Sony - 2
Nintendo - 2

I didn't watch any of these conferences, so my scores are fair across the board. Gaming is in a terrible state right now. And no, I am not refering to Arizona.

oh you aussies... btw, I can't count any votes by someone who's rates Nintendo so low.