By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Post Microsoft Conference - Does Sony have this in the bag?

Is Sony going to dominate E3?

Hell yes! LAST GUARDIAN 210 54.83%

No way! WONDERBOOK 51 13.32%

Meh, they'll do alright. 120 31.33%

Total:381

Sadly it was far too over hyped, so much for too much content to fit in, lots of great games, but stuff thats already announced and loooads of multiplat games, not enough new exclusive content.

Around the Network

I thought MS did great, and I'm not even remotely interested in getting an X1. SONY has a lot to live up to coming off of their last conference, plus MS already revealed all the interesting multiplats except for Destiny.

I'm not really sure what SONY can do to top them. The only thing I can think of is that they will have to show off more exclusives coming out in 2014 to the PS4 than MS showed for the X1. That isn't that great of a feat considering MS only showed 3 exclusives coming out this year.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Shinobi-san said:
Slade6alpha said:
spemanig said:
I think that the Halo Anniversary collection reveal was unfairly stolen from them. I genuinely don't expect anything better from Sony, unless they really do announce God of War 4 and they really do show more than just CGI for it.

Microsoft gets monumental brownie points for only showing games for 90 minutes.

Also, I thought that Microsoft's conference last year was better, especially if you don't count the fluff and only count the games. I don't know. I think Microsoft has this won again, especially since they didn't shoot themselves in the foot once during this conference.

Someone gets it :)

That plus price cut, plus platinum games exclusive!

That I don't agree with. It was their fault for revealing the price drop too early, and the Platinum exclusive could have been a good reveal if they showed actual gameplay instead of all CGI.

eFKac said:
vivster said:
If Sony doesn't show 2 exclusive game surprises(which they won't because Project beast was already leaked) MS will be ahead.

What surprises did MS have apart from indies? Phantom Dust was heavily speculated since yesterday only, so this might count as well. Everything else was already leaked by ntkrl on Neogaf earlier this year, practically all the line up.

There was a strong rumor about a japanese game but it was never known what it will be. So I count Scalebound as a surprise with bonus for looking awesome. I haven't seen a rumor for a Crackdown reboot so I'll count that too as a surprise even though it's not a new IP.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

ImmortalHelixFossil said:
I am wondering why Sony's E3 is cinema worthy. Are they really going to announce a lot of megatons?!

THANK YOU! This, this right here. I'll make sure to let you know if it was Cinema worthy when I get back from the Theater with my buddies! xD

Around the Network

No.

vivster said:
eFKac said:
vivster said:
If Sony doesn't show 2 exclusive game surprises(which they won't because Project beast was already leaked) MS will be ahead.

What surprises did MS have apart from indies? Phantom Dust was heavily speculated since yesterday only, so this might count as well. Everything else was already leaked by ntkrl on Neogaf earlier this year, practically all the line up.

There was a strong rumor about a japanese game but it was never known what it will be. So I count Scalebound as a surprise with bonus for looking awesome. I haven't seen a rumor for a Crackdown reboot so I'll count that too as a surprise even though it's not a new IP.

Crackdown 3 and Project Nagano (Platinum Games) were both leaked by ntkrl.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

random question,did microsoft showed The witcher 3 PS4 gameplay footage?

Realistically having gameplay and a release date for The Last Guardian and UC4 would put them over the top, but it's going to be very tough. I know those games are coming though so I would rather see something genuinely unexpected.

I'm hoping the Project Beast leak was a troll because it looks like a PS3 game in early alpha.

It's all about the game.

Slade6alpha said:
spemanig said:
I think that the Halo Anniversary collection reveal was unfairly stolen from them. I genuinely don't expect anything better from Sony, unless they really do announce 1. God of War 4 and they really do show more than just CGI for it.

2. Microsoft gets monumental brownie points for only showing games for 90 minutes.

3. Someone gets it :)

1. hmmm, right off the top of my head, let slook at the exclusives MS showed. Overdrive, forza, halo 5, platinum games exclusive and crackdown. 3 of those were CGI. but sony has to do a lot more than show CGI right? ok, I see how this works.
  2. ohhhhh, like you do not know MS. I can bet on my unborn childs life, if MS were in the position sony were in.... they would be singing 8M sold and how everyone is choosing xbox to the rooftops.
  3. gets what?