By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you had a Gamecube, but didn't buy a Wii

This describes me right now.  I really don't have plans to get a Wii right now.  I'm a PS360 guy this generation.  Despite this great success the Wii is having, the two other consoles and PC are providing all the games I want (LO, NG2, Orange Box, FF, MGS, etc.).

I borrowed my friend's Wii for a while, and I can see all the social games being an advantage.  All of my friends have a Wii, so there is really no need for me to get one as well right now.  I don't see much different for the kind of games I like between pushing a button and swinging the remote (I played Zelda on both GC and Wii).

I have nothing against Ninty or any companies for that matter.  They are all here to make money.  All three of them will be around for a while, and last quarter showed that they can all make profit.  As far as me wanting their (Ninty) product, I'll probably get one if:

1)  A new Zelda that isn't a GC port

2)  a FF6 remake

3)  It goes to $149 (a long time)

I took the brave stance for the VGChartz community.  Anyone else that didn't get a Wii but owned GC or other Ninty stuff? 

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

no i owned a gc and bought a wii

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Well, that's great. I was going to add you as a friend. But now I won't. You wanna know why? BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW YOU! BAM!

I'm the opposite...Didn't get a GC, but got a Wii

You should get a Wii for Brawl and Galaxy alone, plus all the other great games too.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

Wii+Brawl= WIN

You are gonna miss alot. Its your choice at the end.

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

I bought a Gamecube for Resident Evil 4 but there were no other games on the system that appealed to me (except Eternal Darkness which I don't own). The Wii doesn't have a "must have" game for me (I don't really care for Nintendo first party games).

I only own a gamecube and is the only console i ever had (i mostly play pc games).
I will get a wii if the price drops, but when ssbb comes to europe i'll think twice...for now i'm still enjoying my GC at weekends.

If I could find a Wii, I would consider getting it. But until I can just go to my local store and pick one up off the shelf, I'm gonna continue riding my PS3. I loved my GC as a complement to my PS2 and I wish I could do the same this gen, but the lack of availability and the exorbitantly high prices for this gen (including the Wii) have put me off getting another console. [sad face] x10

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

I got a Gamecube at launch but don't own a Wii. I had also have an N64, GBC & GBA. The Wii doesn't appeal to me that much aside from just a few games (SSMB & Mario Kart). I've got plenty of games that will appeal to me on the PC, Xbox 360, PS3 & PSP.

That Was Left-Handed

Xbox Live: Spire VII

Playstation 3 Network: Spire_VII