By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz platform totals: PS Vita just beat Dreamcast; Sega Saturn next, 500k to go.

Tagged games:

prayformojo said:
Now if only comparing handheld and console sales was actually...you know...relevant.

Why would it not be? I don't understand this sentiment. 

Around the Network
Ryudo said:
Sensei said:
spemanig said:
How long did that take though compared to the Dreamcast?

I'm not sure. DC released in 1999 and was discontinued in 2001-2002? Vita is about 2 years old. They should be tracking around the same speed, with Vita slower in the USA and faster elsewhere.

Again your Info is off. Dreamcast was released in 1998 in Japan and discontinued in 2001.

Geez. Yeah I was thinking NA. I was late 1998 in Japan and 1999 everywhere else. Still, yeah they are tracking about the same.

prayformojo said:
Now if only comparing handheld and console sales was actually...you know...relevant.

I agree, not the best comparison but still worth mentioning considering all heat the Vita gets for its slower sales. And er... Vita has a console version (Vita TV). lol.

Sensei said:
tbone51 said:
Ryudo said:
Dreamcast sold 10.6 Million. Your chart is wrong
Saturn Sold 9.5

Yeap^ I didnt kno Saturn sales but DC did do over 10mil

What's the source on DC doing over 10mil?

SEGA,NPDmWikipedia and common knowledge among SEGA/Dreamcast fans. Me being one of them. In History of Video games and other books. All sorts of sources.

Kresnik said:
But how long will it take to beat the GameGear? That's the question on every Nirvana fan's mind.

Holidays 2015 will have Vita beating GG, or earlier by some kind of miracle.

Ryudo said:
Sensei said:
tbone51 said:
Ryudo said:
Dreamcast sold 10.6 Million. Your chart is wrong
Saturn Sold 9.5

Yeap^ I didnt kno Saturn sales but DC did do over 10mil

What's the source on DC doing over 10mil?

SEGA,NPDmWikipedia and common knowledge among SEGA/Dreamcast fans. Me being one of them. In History of Video games and other books. All sorts of sources.

Good news, thanks. I'm one of the 10mil who owns a (working) DC to date. ^____^

VGC needs to fix those numbers then...

Around the Network
Sensei said:
Ryudo said:
Sensei said:
spemanig said:
How long did that take though compared to the Dreamcast?

I'm not sure. DC released in 1999 and was discontinued in 2001-2002? Vita is about 2 years old. They should be tracking around the same speed, with Vita slower in the USA and faster elsewhere.

Again your Info is off. Dreamcast was released in 1998 in Japan and discontinued in 2001.

Geez. Yeah I was thinking NA. I was late 1998 in Japan and 1999 everywhere else. Still, yeah they are tracking about the same.

prayformojo said:

I agree, not the best comparison but still worth mentioning considering all heat the Vita gets for its slower sales. And er... Vita has a console version (Vita TV). lol.

No offense, as this has nothing to do with you personally, but I completely disagree. Vita needs only to be compared to handheld sales. I'd like much rather see a historical chart featuring handheld sales across all the platforms than see it compared to consoles.

And if Vita tv is a console than so was the GBA player for Gamecube (hint, that wasn't a console lol).

Kresnik said:
But how long will it take to beat the GameGear? That's the question on every Nirvana fan's mind.

Lol