By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Racing games meta prediction!

Zisbest said:
Chris Hu said:

Technically better and actually better is a completely different thing.  We already know that Horizon 2 is actually better then the first game and anyone that predicts a lower score then 85 is trolling and never played the first game and is totally unfamiliar with the facts that are already known about the second game.

Oh well, if you think so. I personally don't see it climb higher than 81-82 (which is a good metascore btw.)

Play the first game and read up on the second game and you would easily agree with me.

Around the Network

Forza Horizon 2: 87
Project CARS: 85
DriveClub: 84

Chris Hu said:

Technically better and actually better is a completely different thing.  We already know that Horizon 2 is actually better then the first game and anyone that predicts a lower score then 85 is trolling and never played the first game and is totally unfamiliar with the facts that are already known about the second game.

We already know that Horizon 2 is actually better then the first game? Everyone that predicts a lower score than 85 is trolling? You're obviously excited for the game, but you should really take your foot of the gas for a second there.

You should tone down your excitement because with that kind of bias nobody will take you seriously (as seen by other posters)

Chris Hu said:
Raziel123 said:

Infamous Second Son

Darksiders 2

Dungeon siege 2

Diablo 2

Neverwinter nights 2

just off the top of my head. there are more

times change. many reviewers have already explained this and said why sometimes they score better sequels lower. games are a product of their time (and circumstances) and different times provide different feelings towards them

And no, I won't read anything from IGN, thank you very much.

Infamous Second Son is definetly not better then the first game is every possible they couldn't even keep the same voice actor for the main character plus the fact that you could yield a weapon made the game a lot easier and less fun not sure about the other games you metioned but I doubt they are better then their first game in every possible way like Horizon 2 will be over the first game.

Wowowowowow, what? Stop right there, you have clearly no idea what you're talking about. Not the same voice actor? It's a different main character, dude.

You can yield a weapon? You can't do that in the game.

Still Infamous 1 to Infamous 2 is probably a better comparison, 2 is widely regarded the better game and still scored lower.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Chris Hu said:

We already know that Horizon 2 is actually better then the first game? Everyone that predicts a lower score than 85 is trolling? You're obviously excited for the game, but you should really take your foot of the gas for a second there.

The game is better then the first one in every possible way maybe you should actually read up on it or actually play the first game.  OK I word it better everyone that thinks that it will score lower then 85 never played the first game and is pretty much clueless about the Horizon franchise.

Raziel123 said:
You should tone down your excitement because with that kind of bias nobody will take you seriously (as seen by other posters)

Well the only serious post on the final metascore of Horizon 2 is by people that actually played the first one and are up to date with the info on the second game.

Driveclub is made by industry veterans that worked on games like grant turismo, NFS, motorstorm, Blur among many others, So I could see this game getting at least 82. However it is a new IP and so could go both ways tbh.

Forza horizon 2 is a sequel and so can improve and maintain a high meta score. However, by improving on one aspect other factor may be ignored and new problems may arise (Eg with GT5 and GT6)

Also, Chris Hu needs to calm down.

Chris Hu said:
DerNebel said:

The game is better then the first one in every possible way maybe you should actually read up on it or actually play the first game.  OK I word it better everyone that thinks that it will score lower then 85 never played the first game and is pretty much clueless about the Horizon franchise.

No, I absolutely don't need to do that to realize that metascores don't work that simple, the sequel being a better game than the first game has never automatically equaled a better metascore, it just doesn't work that way.

I take it you've played Forza Horizon 2?