By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 Strong Rumor - God Of War 4 Plot Will Show Kratos Fighting Egyptian Gods

not kratos again!! i want a new female main character as Goddess of War!!! 

Around the Network

I'd rather have a different main character if the setting the gods are Egyptian, honestly. Love Kratos, but he fits with Greek gods. I'd like them to tailor make a protagonist for an Egyptian God of War.

HokageTenshi said:

not kratos again!! i want a new female main character as Goddess of War!!! 

Nariko wakes up in Egypte. Just think about it :D

I've just got to Athens and already at the gates I notice an Egyptian cartouche on the wall underneath wall hangings... Hmm... Could this also be a clue to where it's heading?

well i remember David Jaffe saying that was his original vision for God of War... so it makes some sense (and by the way does someone knows what hes been working on? could he be working on GOW 4??)

Around the Network
dj2one said:
I am also done with Kratos I was fine with Accension but it seems to me even then they were running out of story. I'd be fine with some sort of series with similar elements but a new main character is needed IMO.

To me God of War epic boss battles, dark mythology, just tough enough hack and slash combat, gory finishers, and RPG elements.  Kratos is great and so is Greek mythology but with a new gen it's time to move to a new mythology with a new character.  Keep the spirit of the previous games (similar gameplay and story arc) but put a fresh spin on it.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Majora said:
First impression - this is fucking epic!!!!! :D

gotta love dat first (Hydra) impression lol.  "I didn't come back for you" is still one of my favorite lines of all time because it perfectly encapsulates his character.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

BraLoD said:
estebxx said:
well i remember David Jaffe saying that was his original vision for God of War... so it makes some sense (and by the way does someone knows what hes been working on? could he be working on GOW 4??)

Really? I didn't know it.

Yeah i once downloaded an interview on PSN (it was a weird show done in 2012 E3? or 2011... i cant remember) and it featured all of the God of War game directors, and they asked david Jaffe about his plans with GOW when he initially created it, and he pretty much said that Nordic mithology and Egipt Mitology where next.

That was Jaffes original vision but since the game changed directors from every installment then the story took a shift and stayed with greek mithology, but it seems now that they are going back to Jaffes original idea.

BraLoD said:
estebxx said:

Really? I didn't know it.

Here i found it watch from 55:54

Egyptian mythology will provide a nice spin and freshness to the GOW series. I'm just not sure how Santa Monica will pull it off.