By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Dark Souls 2 will stay the highest rated new game on Metacritic in 2014

Vena said:
DerNebel said:

I don't agree, but don't feel like discussing this, let's just leave it at that. LBP3 is to me just as much a candidate for a 90+ score as Toads Treasure Tracker (not extremely likely, but possible, remember I bet that Dark Souls 2 wouldn't be beat by another game this year) is and the Yoshi WW comparison seems rather pointless unless you want to discuss grahpics/visual design.

CToad releases this year, though. Only EU will see it in 2015.

I was speaking in terms of visual design when talking about YWW and LBP3 as they both work off of similar visual concepts, just that one is full wool that other is a hodgepodge of fabrics. (And yes, the actual rankings are obviously subjective and there's no real reason to preemptively discuss what may or may not be. :P )

I forgot to mention it then, no biggie.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
One down and my prediction still stands.

Things that imo could still destroy it: Bayonetta 2, Smash and possibly LBP 3 (those games are critics favourites so who knows)

mmm out of those 3 onnly smash has a chance. Bayo will be in the mid 80's range and LBP just below 90.

fleischr said:
DerNebel said:

Things that imo could still destroy it: Bayonetta 2, Smash and possibly LBP 3 (those games are critics favourites so who knows)

Based on trailers, press releases, interviews I've seen it's 90%+ likely Bayonetta 2 is 1080p 60fps. Game looks totally boss.

Since this gen started, we've been craving full HD only to be let down by most AAA entries.

As great as it looks, performs, and plays -- it may just be GOTY material

Not this again, havent we learnt from Mario Kart 8, 3D World and Tropical Freeze by now.

On topic It will score high but I dont expect it to be GOTY. Best contender is Smash.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

fleischr said:
DerNebel said:

Based on trailers, press releases, interviews I've seen it's 90%+ likely Bayonetta 2 is 1080p 60fps. Game looks totally boss.

Since this gen started, we've been craving full HD only to be let down by most AAA entries.

The trailer from a week ago is uploaded in 720p on Youtube by Nintendo, the screenshots from today are 720p as well, the game is 720p, not that I think this matters.

Faust said:
DerNebel said:

mmm out of those 3 onnly smash has a chance. Bayo will be in the mid 80's range and LBP just below 90.

Bayo 1 got a 90, so it has a decent shot to make it in the 90+ range.

Around the Network

Littlebigplanet 3 is a 90s candidate I guess.

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

fleischr said:

do they have a ps4/one port announced?
only possible way for that

Need to down rate, because the mighty Knight Artorias wiped my an*s off real bloody hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax5jGM7q2E0

That's me, Scout.

Watch out for Dragon Age Inquisition. Though I was not too impressed with last gameplay footage, seemed kinda bland imo. Dark Souls 2 is however my game of the year. Velocity 2X was also a pleasant surprise and I'm addicted to it!

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Clyde32 said:
Faust said:
DerNebel said:

Bayo 1 got a 90, so it has a decent shot to make it in the 90+ range.

yeah, but u r forgetting something.  When Bayonetta first came around, the genre wasnt in its best momentum, nowadays we have lot to choose so criticis are gonna be more severe than the last time(besides is no longer a novelty), and lets face it, When it comes to characters, story and pace Bayonetta really sux. Besides ur "argument" is very weak, just for reference God of war 3 got 92 the same year that bayonetta but ascension only 80 so no, thats not how it works