By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Natsume announces Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley for 3DS

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=114572236&postcount=58

"I was just told by Natsume that The Lost Valley is being internally developed by them.

So that's your dev, folks."

Sal Romano is the editor at Gematsu. So there you go.

Around the Network

Reminds me of when Sports Interactive broke free of Eidos and joined Sega to do Football Manager.

Prior to that they had been the only developers to work on Championship Manager, but Eidos soon drafted someone else in to make a similar product of the same name to keep the "series" going.

Will be interesting to see if Harvest Moon will turn out to be a shallow clone of it's name sake game XD

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Well as long as it's a good game it doesn't matter who the developer is, the original director already left Marvelous AQL

Squeezol's Fanclub Member? is that how it works?

Why can't I hold all these no gaemz?

Always looking to improve my awful drawings ;_; 

Kresnik said:
Gasp. Going head to head with XSEED then, I see.

So who the hell is developing this. Natsume Japan?

They established a studio in Tokyo last year

http://natsume.com/news/news_pdffiles/pid_121_June042013NatsumeJapanoffice.pdf

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

I guess the split with Marvelous happened quite a while ago then. I was under the impression this game was the original localized title for Connect to a New World

Around the Network

Cool. It'll be interesting to see how Harvest Moon and Story of Seasons stack up against one another. I suspect that SoS will probably come out on top, however.

SanAndreasX said:
Cool. It'll be interesting to see how Harvest Moon and Story of Seasons stack up against one another. I suspect that SoS will probably come out on top, however.

I'll bet on Lost Valley :P

Story of Seasons will forever be called HM:SoS to me

Squeezol's Fanclub Member? is that how it works?

Why can't I hold all these no gaemz?

Always looking to improve my awful drawings ;_; 

So the next Harvest Moon really isn't Harvest Moon while the next Harvest Moon also isn't Harvest Moon, if that makes sense.

Suke said:
ok its official, E3 has begun. So many game reveals.

E3 bagen in May. Too many reveals.

kupomogli said:
So the next Harvest Moon really isn't Harvest Moon while the next Harvest Moon also isn't Harvest Moon, if that makes sense.

Pretty much. The latter is the game from the original HM pedigree, the former is from the company that owns the name and still wants to use it even though they no longer have access to the original series.