By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [Staff] The Monthly Ban Report - May 2014: Everyone Was BlackGoku09 Edition

Tagged games:

tsk tsk toasty at 30 day would be sad to see him go hes been here since i can remember

any word on whats up with the ban reason links? they still dont work is this something that will ever be resolved

Play Me

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
Gladiator Flaming 1 Carl2291
Gladiator Alternate ID (NinjaBlade) Permanent Smeags

Not noticing its an alt happens alot:D

and being a lazy bitch here, could you next time link towards their profiles

That... that would take forever.

Just add me to the wimpclub. @_@

@Anfebious and Leadified

Well, he has certainly created a legacy here on VGChartz... for all the wrong reasons of course, but that's another story.

When you click the link to show the post on why a user was banned that link is broken.

The reason for this is that the link goes to gamrconnect.com/whatever instead of gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/whatever.

30k post celebration? By banning an user for just 28 minutes????
Does that mean nobody is save frome ConeG :0

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

BHR-3 said:

any word on what up with the ban reason links? they still dont work is this something that will ever be resolved

Unfortunately it's nothing the mod team can fix, only ioi and those who have access to the coding of the site.

Around the Network
Smeags said:
Farsala said:
Mod Question: How long is someone supposed to be banned for having an alternate account?

Depends on the situation and the mod to be honest.

We have two types of alts that we ban: Ban dodging alts and question asking alts.

• Ban dodging alts usually end up with the mod extending the original account's ban period. So for example, their ban is upped from 5 days to 7, or from 10 to 14, etc.
  • Question asking alts do not post but instead are created to ask a mod a question. After the question is answered we perma the account but leave the original account alone, as they haven't tried to dodge a ban.

What about kowen's alternate id on the list?  Kowen doesnt appear to have been banned, so Is that an old one that just wasnt perma banned after he asked the question from a previous month?

gergroy said:

What about kowen's alternate id on the list?  Kowen doesnt appear to have been banned, so Is that an old one that just wasnt perma banned after he asked the question from a previous month?

Yup. Kresnik went digging it seems.

Im not sure if you mods should be proud or afraid at how obsessive some of these permabanned members are with this site... Blackgoku seems especially obsessed...

Smeags said:

you were making so much progress and now you just throw it away? wim-Slacker

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Smeags said:

you were making so much progress and now you just throw it away? wim-Slacker

I have a compromise, how about smeags gives you the list and you link the profiles for everybody!  Thats a win win situation.  Smeags wins by not having to do it and I win for not having to look up profiles!