By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Anyone see Noah? Anyone know how or where they came up with the concepts for it?

I saw this movie. I just assumed I was still high on PCP. I left thinking, "That was definitely a movie."

Around the Network

I'm not big on bible movies. I don't believe in the jesbus.

It honestly doesn't sound that much more ridiculous than a lot of the stories I've read in the actual Bible.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Fuck this movie and the people behind it. It is a anti-biblical manifesto done by lucifereans dicks, no kidding, the script came in colaboration with some channeling idiots that want to spread lies and to drive away people form the bible.
Wanna know the real history?
The angels rebelled against God, 200 of them, and fucked the human women, from this unholly mess giants (nephelin) were born. These monsters conquered the earth and made it into a living hell. God send the flood to destroy all the aberrations these nephilin created, animal hybrids included.
PS: all the giants and monsters became demons after they died, because they were not created by God and, because of this, their souls have nowhere to go. These same demons torment mankind till this day, they pretend to be ghosts and aliens so channelers agree to lend their bodies to them for a while.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

I have no interest in looking it up fit you, but the for story exists in many other people's history and religions than the bible. None give a day by day detail so obviously there is a lot of room for creative imagery.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:

The whole premise of the story from the bible along with a few other stories turned me off from Christianity. Sorry I can't believe in an ark being built and just two of each animal being loaded up and surviving months on end.  Christians believe in incest origin twice (Adam and Eve and Noah).

There are two types of christians, those that take the entire Bible literally (like, no shit, this actually happened) and those that look at the stories like fables - stories with lessons behind them. I have some respect for the latter (use religion as a guide for life, that's fine) and none for the former (they tend to be the blind sheeple and frankly, they scare me).

But none of that matters here, this version of Noah is based on the Jewish Book of Enoch which wasn't included in the original bible (or in comic book terms, it isn't canon).

I wanted to see Noah but never got around to it, I'm not much of a religion guy but it's Darren Aronofsky with a $125m budget (he's the director of Pi, Requiem for a Dream, The Fountain, Black Swan, etc; ) that is more than enough to keep me interested. I mean, did anyone actually see any of those? Pi had a drill to the head, Requiem for a Dream had A2A, The Fountain was a trip, and Black Swan had people turning into birds and women stabbing themselves in the face with nail files. The man doesn't do subtle, well, other than The Wrestler.

spurgeonryan said:
d21lewis said:
I saw this movie. I just assumed I was still high on PCP. I left thinking, "That was definitely a movie."

I have a feeling we are talking about two different things.

Yeah, I saw it in theaters like a month ago.  Between the crazy animals, the fashionable snake skin, evolution, and the girl getting stepped on, it was a pretty fucked up movie.  Nothing like i expected it to be.

Most Christian's wouldn't even know where the specifics of the Noah/Great Flood myth came from, probably because myths about it existed a thousand years prior to Christianity, in the times of Gilgamesh, and Ziusudra in what's now called Iraq. Then again, this should come as no surprise to anyone. Most religions absorb the stories of past cultures, to help ease transition from one religion to the next among the populace.

It's all in the interpretation!

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

spurgeonryan said:
WagnerPaiva said:
Fuck this movie and the people behind it. It is a anti-biblical manifesto done by lucifereans dicks, no kidding, the script came in colaboration with some channeling idiots that want to spread lies and to drive away people form the bible.
Wanna know the real history?
The angels rebelled against God, 200 of them, and fucked the human women, from this unholly mess giants (nephelin) were born. These monsters conquered the earth and made it into a living hell. God send the flood to destroy all the aberrations these nephilin created, animal hybrids included.
PS: all the giants and monsters became demons after they died, because they were not created by God and, because of this, their souls have nowhere to go. These same demons torment mankind till this day, they pretend to be ghosts and aliens so channelers agree to lend their bodies to them for a while.

I wish they would have made your account into a movie!

He's talking about the History Channel program; Ancient Aliens

He's also talking about the Book of Enoch, which use to be in the Holy Bible. It was a too detailed account of the rest of the Bible.

The Bible & Quran & Torah & etc. have been constantly edited throughout these past more then 1,000 years. It's best to just read the original Text of the Holy Books.