By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Sony Studio Pixel Opus To Announce Projet At E3

Mr. Lee (executive producer at SCEA) helped teach a class at Carnegie Mellon University in which students built prototypes of games for the Vita, Sony’s hand-held console. Some of the students landed internships at Sony, then jobs. This month, the results of their work in concert with others at Sony is to be announced at the annual E3 trade show in Los Angeles: the first release from a new Sony studio called Pixel Opus.

Read more here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/01/arts/video-games/talented-designers-stream-into-mfa-video-game-programs.html?_r=0

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Exciting news! Going to be interesting to see what creative young minds can accomplish.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
Exciting news! Going to be interesting to see what creative young minds can accomplish.

It's always nice to see new studios and it should please a few people because it's focused on the Vita.

The PS5 Exists. 

My vita is starving, I was going to get Borderlands 2 but I've seen it running :( plus i already have it on PS3. So anything exciting will do the trick until Gravity Rush comes out. Pixel Opus I like that name.

Can't we all just get along.If not for yourself, do it for the future.

Ooh, a potentially new game for the Vita? The name of the new studio is pretty clever, too. Opus is Latin for work so a translated version of the name would be "Pixel Works".

Around the Network
Alt-Ctrl-Delete said:
My vita is starving, I was going to get Borderlands 2 but I've seen it running :( plus i already have it on PS3. So anything exciting will do the trick until Gravity Rush comes out. Pixel Opus I like that name.

Did you see it running after or before the patch?

The PS5 Exists. 

That's... quite interesting. Wonder what they've come up with.

GribbleGrunger said:
Alt-Ctrl-Delete said:

No, is it at 30fps for the majority of the time?

Can't we all just get along.If not for yourself, do it for the future.

When i read this on another site I wasn't exactly excited... ex students making a game... I'm thinking please sony don't spend 20 minutes on small indie type games, people will be moaning (and I will too if i am up at 3am).

They need to hit MS where it hurts, and that needs to be big bold games and unless these games are from companies that people are aware of (Doublefine) then don't touch these types of games at this event.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Alt-Ctrl-Delete said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Alt-Ctrl-Delete said:

No, is it at 30fps for the majority of the time?

According to Gaf it improved it a hell of a lot. Another thing people said is that the default sensitivity was far too high. Once it's turned down, even before the patch, it stopped a lot of the jerkiness.

The PS5 Exists.