By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer Buys LA Clippers for $2B.

Ballmer, who was chief executive of Microsoft for 14 years, was chosen over competitors that included Los Angeles-based investors Tony Ressler and Steve Karsh and a group that included David Geffen and executives from the Guggenheim Group, the Chicago-based owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-sn-clippers-sale-ballmer-20140529-story.html

Around the Network

Your sig is to funny. *Clears throat* Oh yes Steve Ballmer buying the Clippers is interesting news indeed.

NobleTeam360 said:
Your sig is to funny. *Clears throat* Oh yes Steve Ballmer buying the Clippers is interesting news indeed.

Thats what I noticed first too......

Ahem, but yes, the clippers

Wow best thing this guy ever did, 2 billion!

Funny how the Bucks were bought for only 500mill. I wish that the NBA would have let Ballmer buy the Kings so that there would be a Seattle franchise. But otherwise they really Overpaid the Clips are not worth 2 billion.

Around the Network

Uh oh.

Considering that Balmer was looking to buy a team to move to Seattle.

Kasz216 said:
Uh oh.

The NBA owners would have to approve first but it isn't impossible.

Because why wouldn't he?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

EspadaGrim said:

Funny how the Bucks were bought for only 500mill. I wish that the NBA would have let Ballmer buy the Kings so that there would be a Seattle franchise. But otherwise they really Overpaid the Clips are not worth 2 billion.

Simple supply & demand.  There were a ton of interest from various parties to buy the Clippers.  So if you really want the team, you have no choice but to bid well above market value.  

Kasz216 said:
Uh oh.

I believe him when he says he won't move the Clippers. Being in LA brings the bulk of that team's value: even being the lesser LA team (in terms of following) still brings in more than being the Sacramento team.