By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did anyone predict Wii U to do this bad? If so, why?

As we all know, Mario Kart 8 is coming out this Friday. To get this thread out of the way since Mario Kart will probably help sales a lot and maybe set it on track, did you expect the Wii U to flop so bad up to this point? I never saw it selling as much as the original Wii, since I knew Nintendo wouldn't make the same splash with the Wii U as they did the Wii, but I never saw it being beat by a console only 4 months after the other one was released. Like I said, I never saw the Wii U outselling the Wii, but thought it would still bring in some strong sales at first and just continually grow. Your thoughts below

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Around the Network

I did not. I thought it would do far better.

I know one person who is a big Ninty fan who did. I shall not say his name, but he'll likely show up.

Ninjablade, probably.

(with this offering i hope to appease him so that he shall not make another alt)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I personally didn't but I read a lot of wii u will fail articles, blogs, and predictions, and they had some pretty valid points and analysis on why the wii u will fail which made sense to me, so I did expect it to do bad but I did not predict it.

Nope. I was expecting 50M. It will end so far far away from that.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Had it at 14.6 million lifetime. I really really didn't think the casuals would be back

I thought the worst case scenario for a Wii successor by 2012 was 80 million.

But after Fall 2013, sales data showed it was impossible for Wii U to beat N64 in sales.

Still buying it for my generation dosage of Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Mario, and hopefully Zelda!

Sort of once I first saw the name :/

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

I thought it would be doing far better than it is right now.

Didn't think it was going to be the success the Wii was. I was also disappointed in the tablet controller considering I wanted more motion plus games. I didn't think it would do this poorly though. I still think it will recover a bit.