By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mages’ Xbox One Exclusives Cause Extremely Negative Reaction Among Japanese Viewers: 66.5% Displeased

First see what typ of game it.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network
Wright said:
VanceIX said:

Compared with the PS3, the support was pretty much nonexistent. The Japanese market for the 360 was just miniscule. 

Not really. There's a reason 360 was considered the console for perverts in Japan. It was literally crowded with Visual Novels and shumps showing eroge.

There wasn't a big market there for 360, but it was neither minuscule. It was niche, but fanbases were there; hence why they kept producing japanese games throughout 360's lifespawn.

Heck, there's even an upcoming exclusive for 360 called Stranger in Alda: White Palace (Though there's a Vita game called Stranger in Alda: Black Palace coming as well), which is releasing this fifth of June. Do you honestly think they would release such a game, if there wasn't market for it there?

Like I said, compared to the Japanese support for the PS3, Vita, and 3DS, the 360 support is miniscule. A couple of cheap PC ports of visual novels doesn't even compare to the vast library of games on the other consoles. Even in terms of what you call "niche" (eroges aren't quite that niche in Japan), the PC destroys the 360 in terms of support.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

VanceIX said:

Like I said, compared to the Japanese support for the PS3, Vita, and 3DS, the 360 support is miniscule. A couple of cheap PC ports of visual novels doesn't even compare to the vast library of games on the other consoles. Even in terms of what you call "niche" (eroges aren't quite that niche in Japan), the PC destroys the 360 in terms of support.

Okay then, show me this vast library of games in comparison to "a couple of cheap PC ports of visual novels". -_-"

Wright said:
VanceIX said:

Okay then, show me this vast library of games in comparison to "a couple of cheap PC ports of visual novels". -_-"

PS3- Persona 5, Final Fantasy X/X-2, Tales of Symphonia Collection, Atelier, Ni no Kuni, Tales of Xillia, Disgaea 4, White Knight Chronicles, Valkyria Chronicles, Resonance of Fate

3DS- Bravely Default, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokemon X/Y, Monster Hunter 4, Yokai Watch

Vita- Persona 4 Golden, Toukiden, DanganRopa, Freedom Wars, Demon Gaze, Conception II

360- a couple of paltry visual novels here and there? The vast majority of upcoming games according to http://www.yesasia.com/us/xbox-360-games/0-0-0-ni.504_bpt.45-en/list.html are either games on other platforms such as PC or western games. And there was Lost Odyssey too, tat was pretty good.

VanceIX said:

PS3- Persona 5, Final Fantasy X/X-2, Tales of Symphonia Collection, Atelier, Ni no Kuni, Tales of Xillia, Disgaea 4, White Knight Chronicles, Valkyria Chronicles, Resonance of Fate

3DS- Bravely Default, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokemon X/Y, Monster Hunter 4, Yokai Watch

Vita- Persona 4 Golden, Toukiden, DanganRopa, Freedom Wars, Demon Gaze, Conception II

It looks like you're randomly listening games. Is that the list that supposedly shows how "minuscule" the market on 360 is? Resonance of Fate is on 360 as well. There's Stranger in Alda which I already previously mentioned.

You're not getting my point, but since we're at it:

360 - DoDonPachi DaiOuJou Black Label Extra, Deathsmiles, Mushihimesama Futari Ver 1.5, Espgaluda II Black Label, Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra, Deathsmiles II X: Makai no Merry Christmas, Guwange, DoDonPachi Resurrection,  Muchi Muchi Pork!, Pink Sweets: Ibara Sore Kara, Nin2-Jump, Akai Katana, Instant Brain, Rumble Roses XX, The Conveni 200X, Dead or Alive 4, Dead or Alive Xtreme 2.

Of course you also have the games we all know, like Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Infinite Undiscovery, The Last Remnant, Dead Rising, Bullet Witch, Phantasy Star Universe, Ninety-Nine Nights, Project Sylpheed, Beautiful Katamari, Culdcept Saga and some more. Also count support from Atlus bringing Catherine to the MS machine too, as well as both Persona 4 Arena and its sequel, and that game, Operation Darkness.

Mind you as well, a Monster Hunter game also made it into 360.

So far my list destroys all you've listed in quantity, but I hope you get what I tried to say in the first time now.  -_-"

Around the Network
Wright said:
VanceIX said:

It looks like you're randomly listening games. Is that the list that supposedly shows how "minuscule" the market on 360 is? Resonance of Fate is on 360 as well. There's Stranger in Alda which I already previously mentioned.

You're not getting my point, but since we're at it:

360 - DoDonPachi DaiOuJou Black Label Extra, Deathsmiles, Mushihimesama Futari Ver 1.5, Espgaluda II Black Label, Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra, Deathsmiles II X: Makai no Merry Christmas, Guwange, DoDonPachi Resurrection,  Muchi Muchi Pork!, Pink Sweets: Ibara Sore Kara, Nin2-Jump, Akai Katana, Instant Brain, Rumble Roses XX, The Conveni 200X, Dead or Alive 4, Dead or Alive Xtreme 2.

Of course you also have the games we all know, like Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Infinite Undiscovery, The Last Remnant, Dead Rising, Bullet Witch, Phantasy Star Universe, Ninety-Nine Nights, Project Sylpheed, Beautiful Katamari, Culdcept Saga and some more. Also count support from Atlus bringing Catherine to the MS machine too, as well as both Persona 4 Arena and its sequel, and that game, Operation Darkness.

Mind you as well, a Monster Hunter game also made it into 360.

So far my list destroys all you've listed in quantity, but I hope you get what I tried to say in the first time now.  -_-"

Alright, fine, we'll do it your way.

PS3- Mobile Suit Gundam Side StoriesArcana Heart 3One Piece Unlimited World RedCV Casting VoiceKamen Rider Battride War IIKamen Rider Battride War IICROSS CANNELRobotics; Notes EliteEiyuu Densetsu Sen no KisekiToHeart 2 DX PlusKamisama to Unmei Kakusei no Cross ThesisUNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:LateLost DimensionShin HayarikamPersona 4 The Ultimax Ultra Suplex HoldCaladrius BLAZE

3DS- Persona Q Shadow of the LabyrinthCard Fight Lock of VictoryPac WorldPokemon Art AcademyTaiko no Tatsujin Don to Katsu no Jikuu DaiboukenDevil Survivor 2 Break RecordShikakui Atama wo Maruku suruIslandDaysYoukai Watch 2 HonkeHamatora Look at Smoking WorldGundam Try Age SPHoppe Chan Minna de Odekake! Waku Waku Hoppe LandHappiness Charge Precure! Kawarun Collection Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆IllyaSoniproSenran Kagura 2 Shinku Senran Kagura 2 Shinku

Vita- ToukidenEiyuu Densetsu Ao no Kiseki EvolutionEiyuu Densetsu Ao no Kiseki EvolutionDuRaRaRa!!Sengoku Hime 4 Souha Hyakkei Hanamoru ChikaiBlazBlue Chrono PhantasmaAiyoku no Eustia Angel's blessingFreedom WarsEiyuu Densetsu Sen no KisekiNobunaga no Yabou SouzouOre no Shikabane o Koete Yuke 2Ore no Shikabane o Koete Yuke 2SorayumeCorpse Party Blood DriveCorpse Party Blood DriveRE:VICE[D]Soushuu Senshinkan Gakuen Hachimyoujin Ten no TokiKaihou Shoujo SINIA/VT -COLORFULLost Dimension

These are just a few of the games coming out in Japan in the next THREE MONTHS -_-"

When you put games from a developer that the Japanese don't like onto a console that the Japanese don't like, people aren't going to like it.

VanceIX said:

PS3- Mobile Suit Gundam Side StoriesArcana Heart 3One Piece Unlimited World RedCV Casting VoiceKamen Rider Battride War IIKamen Rider Battride War IICROSS CANNELRobotics; Notes EliteEiyuu Densetsu Sen no KisekiToHeart 2 DX PlusKamisama to Unmei Kakusei no Cross ThesisUNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:LateLost DimensionShin HayarikamPersona 4 The Ultimax Ultra Suplex HoldCaladrius BLAZE

3DS- Persona Q Shadow of the LabyrinthCard Fight Lock of VictoryPac WorldPokemon Art AcademyTaiko no Tatsujin Don to Katsu no Jikuu DaiboukenDevil Survivor 2 Break RecordShikakui Atama wo Maruku suruIslandDaysYoukai Watch 2 HonkeHamatora Look at Smoking WorldGundam Try Age SPHoppe Chan Minna de Odekake! Waku Waku Hoppe LandHappiness Charge Precure! Kawarun Collection Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆IllyaSoniproSenran Kagura 2 Shinku Senran Kagura 2 Shinku

Vita- ToukidenEiyuu Densetsu Ao no Kiseki EvolutionEiyuu Densetsu Ao no Kiseki EvolutionDuRaRaRa!!Sengoku Hime 4 Souha Hyakkei Hanamoru ChikaiBlazBlue Chrono PhantasmaAiyoku no Eustia Angel's blessingFreedom WarsEiyuu Densetsu Sen no KisekiNobunaga no Yabou SouzouOre no Shikabane o Koete Yuke 2Ore no Shikabane o Koete Yuke 2SorayumeCorpse Party Blood DriveCorpse Party Blood DriveRE:VICE[D]Soushuu Senshinkan Gakuen Hachimyoujin Ten no TokiKaihou Shoujo SINIA/VT -COLORFULLost Dimension

These are just a few of the games coming out in Japan in the next THREE MONTHS -_-"

Will you look at that!

360 catalogue isn't as huge!

(You get it now?)

Wright said:
VanceIX said:

Will you look at that!

360 catalogue isn't as huge!

(You get it now?)

I said it was miniscule in comparison, and I proved my point. Do you get it?

VanceIX said:

I said it was miniscule in comparison, and I proved my point. Do you get it?

It is not... -_-"

EDIT: especially when you keep listing multiplatforms on the Ps3 section.