By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - S-E says their White Engine is not too powerful for the Wii.

GhaudePhaede010 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Kasz216 said:
Final-Fan said:
GhaudePhaede010 said:
Please, please keep Kingdom Hearts, and any of the side stories or sub-quests off the freaking Wii. I do not want to go through this again. They already ruined the Crystal Chronicles series. Please leave Kingdom Hearts to suck on another platform...

Sorry, just had to post how I feel about the series and thee idea of the game being on Wii.
Just to confirm that I understand you correctly, you don't want KH3 on the Wii because KH3 is going to suck in any case and you don't want its suckiness tainting the Wii?

Either that or he has some compulsive disorder where he accidently buys games that he doesn't have any interest in.

I never got the "It will suck so i don't want it on my system."

I don't care... sure... but some people even like "Big Game Hunting" right?

Definately a stupid argument. Just because one person doesn't like the game, all owners of that person's system are supposed to magically feel the same way.

You guys look too hard into stuff sometimes. I did not want to post why I really want the game on anotehr platfrom because it would take too long. But the series has been pretty poor in my opinion and that alone is a great reason to NOT want it on the platform you respect the most.

My biggest complaint about a Kingdom Hearts game coming to Wii (besides the suckiness of the series) is that it is clearly the most "kiddy" game SquareEnix has.

I take it you haven't heard of the mascot games they have.

And, well, if it sells, they will just say it is because of the Wii demographic.

So what? Fanboys bitch about the Wii? It hasn't hurt it so far? Bitching about Kingdom Hearts would actually taint the Wii's reputation?

See how that is fail?

It isn't. It's like not wanting Halo 4 because it will just mean fanboys can call say the 360 is just for FPS. They do that ALREADY, just as they call the Wii "kiddie" ALREADY.

And if the game does not sell, they will blame the "casual" market and say that no third party games can sell on Wii.

What the fuck? Why don't you notice this is ALREADY FUCKING HAPPENING? This is why developers avoided the Wii in the FIRST PLACE.

Can you see how that is fail?

Can you see how this is nothing new?

It would be a lose-lose situation for Nintendo.

Or it could be a loss for S-E. Dragon Quest Swords is a side game, that still sold about 500k copies. If the side quest to a great RPG series can still sell on the Wii, then it would mean it's S-E's fail for a major RPG series not selling well.

Sorry to make two posts, now you can see why I would not want the game on Wii.

I see you seem to think the Wii will be tainted by mudslinging, while ignoring the fact it already shrugged off that VERY mud.

And besides all that, I think the series sucks. Did I mention that? But my bias aside, I do have my valid reasons and I just did not feel like making that into some stupid argument. At the time, I wanted to be an asshole. It came back to bite me in the asshole, however.

Your argument is not valid. The Wii is already called a kiddie system. KH wouldn't add to that. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Dude, what are you thinking/drinking? I was talking about how SquareEnix ("they" = SquareEnix) will view the game, not the public. Those are the responses SquareEnix will give as to why the game will, or will not sell well. THAT is what makes it a lose-lose situation for Nintendo. Your post is based on a misunderstanding of my complaints and I will leave it at that. I could give a shit about consumers. I am talking developer relations here.

And mascot games or not, having DISNEY as the second half of your cast is screaming KIDDY! It is the most blatant kiddy (I will even go as to say main story line) game they make. Having it on Nintendo's console does nothing to encourage other third parties to try making diverse titles. And that is the biggest problem. Give us a series that will actually mean something and break down those barriers.

I guess I should have been more clear. Sorry to waste your time like that.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

the white engine is powerful yet very scalable engine, and so it can also run on the wii.
The way I see the white engine is like a typical PC graphics engine, whereby if the PC is powerfull enough then you get the most out of the engine and have great looking graphics, but if the PC is weak then the game can still run on it but simply won't look as good.

KH3 for wii YAY.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Sherlock99 said:
KH3 for wii YAY.

that'll be the day, it's more likely that 'KH party' will come out, staring all your favorite Disney and FF characters in an awesome mini game collection, PR FTW!!!

Around the Network

@jake_the_fake1 not gonna happen ever...

Sherlock99 said:
@jake_the_fake1 not gonna happen ever...

what makes you so certain that it'll never happen?

@jake_the_fake1 because i say so that's why lol.

Sherlock99 said:
@jake_the_fake1 because i say so that's why lol.

lol, then KH party is a go.

@jake_the_fake1 square would not ruin KH by making some crappy mimi game. Game...