By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

RolStoppable said:
The 1-2 was offside, wasn't it? Not that it matters much, because it looked like Costa Rica was much more motivated than Uruguay in the second half anyway.

This also means that I vastly overestimated England. Before this tournament started, I believed they would manage to earn one point in the group stage. Now I don't think they'll make any.

Yeah it was.

Around the Network

Impressed as Costa Rica rarely play well awAy from home, well done to them.

Fun match. Upsets like this always make things more spicy.

--

--

--

And so on.

wow well done costa rica,great result,uruguay can't hold back and play cagey now
good job colombia too great fans,glad to see the teams from that side of the world doing well

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

Welbeck.... sigh.

Rooney.... do something for once!!!

Yeah I was hoping for Lallana instead. Here's hoping that Rooney decides to wake up for once.

Italy is guaranteed to have a great match, following how they played in confederations and the Euro.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Wyrdness said:
vivster said:

Running into the corner and keeping the ball as long as possible is THE time playing tactic. I FUCKING HATE unsportsmanlike behavior. There is no excuse for bullshit like that.

It's not unsporting it's being clever, the ball is in play and if Uruguay can't deal with the tactic then that's too bad it's part of the game. It's the same as rigid defending only it's in the opponents half.

By that logic, rolling on the floor for non-injuries is totally clever and sportsmanlike too.

It's bullshit and the only thing this shows is the weakness of the team and no respect for the sport.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Also semi-supporting Colombia

Jesus

vivster said:
Wyrdness said:
vivster said:

Running into the corner and keeping the ball as long as possible is THE time playing tactic. I FUCKING HATE unsportsmanlike behavior. There is no excuse for bullshit like that.

It's not unsporting it's being clever, the ball is in play and if Uruguay can't deal with the tactic then that's too bad it's part of the game. It's the same as rigid defending only it's in the opponents half.

By that logic, rolling on the floor for non-injuries is totally clever and sportsmanlike too.

It's bullshit and the only thing this shows is the weakness of the team and no respect for the sport.

Except theatrics and simulation is actually cheating while holding onto the ball and defending in open play is not, don't like it tough shit deal with it, it's like people complaining in a game of Streetfighter about zoning.