By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Ka-pi96 said:

FIFA agree to treble the compensation paid to clubs for the 2022 World Cup. They will distribute a total of £142m to clubs.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/30964/9767822/fifa-agrees-to-treble-compensation-for-clubs-at-the-2022-world-cup

See, this is what I mean how silly the amount of money they are throwing at this problamatic 2022 World Cup. 

Around the Network
Talal said:
PSG vs Barcelona
Atletico vs Real Madrid
Porto vs Bayern Munich
Juventus vs Monaco

Opinions?

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern and Juventus all seem to be favorites.  I'd be surprised if any of those 4 don't advance.

BBC, Sky and NOS (Dutch Television) invited the Fifa president candidates to a TV debate.. van Praag, Figo, Ali bin Al-Hussein all accepted but Blatter didn't want to do it..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

The old codger needs to go. Figo is the future.

Hanswurst02 said:
Still they have to pay more!
This money only goes to teams who send players to the World Cup.
In Bundesliga thats maybe 5 teams. (70% Bayern Munich).
But what about the rest?

An exacgeration or legit as nearly all Prem teams have international players and usually at least 1 in a World Cup squad.

Hmm, pie.

CL will be good, can't wait!

Around the Network

Everybody thinks that Bayern passing is a given. They're strong and that's irrefutable.
However, Bayern matches against Porto has not been a breeze for the Bavarian team; Bayern lost in the Champions League final against Porto in '87 when they were favorite to win like this year.

Bayern is a super team but I hope Porto plays the game of its life and pass.

Augen said:
Talal said:
PSG vs Barcelona
Atletico vs Real Madrid
Porto vs Bayern Munich
Juventus vs Monaco

Opinions?

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern and Juventus all seem to be favorites.  I'd be surprised if any of those 4 don't advance.

Atletico mopped the floor with Real in feb and Real didn't look good against Schalke either, so actually I expect Atletico to advance

Lafiel said:

Atletico mopped the floor with Real in feb and Real didn't look good against Schalke either, so actually I expect Atletico to advance

Of the four, that is the one that is closest to call. I still give the nod to Real, but Atletico have surprised me in recent years.

Goatseye said:

Everybody thinks that Bayern passing is a given. They're strong and that's irrefutable.
However, Bayern matches against Porto has not been a breeze for the Bavarian team; Bayern lost in the Champions League final against Porto in '87 when they were favorite to win like this year.

Neh.. Benfica vs Porto is a few days after the second game against Bayern and they are 4 points behind Benfica in the league.. If they lose the first match against Bayern with 2 or more goals i think they'll let the second game slide to save strenght..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
Goatseye said:

Neh.. Benfica vs Porto is a few days after the second game against Bayern and they are 4 points behind Benfica in the league.. If they lose the first match against Bayern with 2 or more goals i think they'll let the second game slide to save strenght..

You clearly don't know Porto's mentality. Also the teams has subs with enough quality to step up to any occasion.