By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Talal said:
Why does Barca have to get the hardest draw. Fuck.

How is City the hardest draw? I'd be more afraid of RM if I were Barca

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Ninsect said:
Talal said:
Why does Barca have to get the hardest draw. Fuck.

How is City the hardest draw? I'd be more afraid of RM if I were Barca

RM? Real Madrid? Maybe they weren't worried about them since it simply wasn't possible for them to be drawn against each other?

Oh so that's what he meant lol. Why was that not possible though?*

*I haven't been following the CL much

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ka-pi96 said:
Wow, Southampton really can't get a win from anywhere at the moment.

Football? What is that?

To be fair, riding high from a good start then we came up against Man City, Man U and Arsenal. Games we should lose, the slip up was Burnlet where we played well just couldn't score.

... no one cares about League cup (honest. :P)

Hmm, pie.

Big game for Spurs tonight. Hope Lennon plays instead of Lamela, I'm fed up with him.

"Why don't you have a winterbreak?"

We do here in US and Canada, call it the off season. You try playing in Chicago or Toronto in January.

Around the Network
Augen said:

We do here in US and Canada, call it the off season. You try playing in Chicago or Toronto in January.

From what I understood (from playing Champ Man back in the day) MSL season is Summer months, is it not? For this very reason.

In answer to the question and I presume it's really only related to English football... it's just football. These professionals can't handle it, go play in Italy.

Hmm, pie.

Damo said:
Big game for Spurs tonight. Hope Lennon plays instead of Lamela, I'm fed up with him.

I'm getting annyoned with Erikson. Too many times he has scored goals in the last few minutes of the game only for MOTD pundits to fornicate over him after... it annoys me. Most the rest of the game he does little.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Augen said:

From what I understood (from playing Champ Man back in the day) MSL season is Summer months, is it not? For this very reason.

In answer to the question and I presume it's really only related to English football... it's just football. These professionals can't handle it, go play in Italy.

Yes.  It is not unusual for the northern clubs to get feet of snow and sub zero temperatures.  Nordic countries and Russia can understand how this would affect play and attendance.  Oddly enough this may make MLS in line with the 2022 World Cup with rumors of it being moved to December/January.

Augen said:

Yes.  It is not unusual for the northern clubs to get feet of snow and sub zero temperatures.  Nordic countries and Russia can understand how this would affect play and attendance.  Oddly enough this may make MLS in line with the 2022 World Cup with rumors of it being moved to December/January.

See, playing in the winter in Qatar is beneficial for some... more so the FIFA officials but MLS is like "Were fine with that!"

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Damo said:

I'm getting annyoned with Erikson. Too many times he has scored goals in the last few minutes of the game only for MOTD pundits to fornicate over him after... it annoys me. Most the rest of the game he does little.

True, I think that's because he's played on the left though. He needs to be in the middle. We did the same with Gylfi and look how good he's been for Swansea in his proper postion. Eriksen would never have been shoved out to the left at Ajax.