By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Ninsect said:
I mean, Argentina have Messi but Belgium have so many good players. I think the only change Argentina have is that Messi does something magical and even then it might be close still.

I admit that Belgium played really well in the last match I saw. I won't underestimate them because that's our error (we always underestimate). It will be a hard match but we will come through (I hope), if we can't get to semi-finales though then I admit that we fucking suck as a team and Messi will never get us a WC.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

Not only sad but boring.

And people seem to forget that Argentina has also a strong squad, they just lack the proper motivation. And Messi might be a terrific player but he ain't a very good leader.

Wondering how I coped before this tournament.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

its drunk wensday u silly goose

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

He's still calculating because we aren't quiet enough

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network

Too soon?

Germany 3 - France 1
Brazil 1 - Colombia 2
Argentina 2 -Belgium 0
Netherlands 2 - Costa Rica 2 (Netherlands wins in pens)

Damagon said:
Too soon?

Germany 3 - France 1
Brazil 1 - Colombia 2
Argentina 2 -Belgium 0
Netherlands 2 - Costa Rica 2 (Netherlands wins in pens)

I love your predictions.

Go Germany! Go Colombia!

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Quarter Finals:
Germany 2- France 1
Brazil 3- Colombia 2
Argentina 1- Belgium 1(Arg win penalty shoot out)
Netherlands 3- Costa Rica 1

Semi Finals:
Brazil 2- Germany 1
Argentina 1- Netherlands 1(Arg wins penalty shoot out)

Final
Argentina 2- Brazil 1(Arg scores in extra time)

Nothing beats the drama and tension of extra time and if no winner the match ultimately decided by the legendary penalty shoot out. Hold out better team and force penalty shoot out worked for Chile but so close for US and Switzerland against stronger opponents in Belgium and Argentina. When you are down to a penalty shoot out it is a 50-50 chance and the advantages the other team may have had during open play are erased.

RolStoppable said:
So where are the updated scores? Looks like that won't be happening, so I win by default.

Don't forget that in football it's always in favor of the Germans if in doubt. So I win.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.