Around the Network

Today's predictions:

USA 2 - 3 Germany
Portugal 2 - 2 Ghana
Algeria 2 - 1 Russia
Korea Republic 1 - 3 Belgium

Lafiel said:

it's like every language has a different name for our country ... weird

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_Germany ?

Hmm, pie.

Can't wait for Jogi vs. Klinsi

Carl2291 said:
Sky Sports reporting that Suarez has been banned for 9 matches and 4 months.

What a weak ban. That motherfucker deserved much more than that! >:(

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

According to Uruguayan media, the Uruguayan squad might boycot the match against Colombia due to Suarez's ban.
I'm calling bullshit since the importance of the match, but if it was to happen I hope Uruguay would get a ban also.

Hopefully USA won't lose too badly.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Ka-pi96 said:
poklane said:
According to Uruguayan media, Uruguay might boycot the match against Colombia due to Suarez's ban.
I'm calling bullshit since the importance of the match, but if it was to happen I hope Uruguay would get a ban also.

If that's true it's disgusting. Why would they try to defend Suarez after he went and bit another player FOR THE THIRD TIME!?

Some other quotes from Uruguayan media following Suarez's ban:

1: ''Indignante resolución FIFA. Arriba Uruguay. Todos somos Suarez'' Translated: ''Shocking/Outrageous decision (by) FIFA. Long Live Uruguay! We are all Suarez''

2: ''Los jugadores profesionales no pueden aceptar sanción a Juarez. Ahora veremos si tienen claro quienes los explotan. LAMENTABLE'' Translated: ''Professional players can't accept Suarez's sanction. Now we'll see if they understand who exploits them. PATHETIC/DEPLORABLE''

3: ''La sanción a Suáres demuestra lo que siempre fue la FIFA. Un organism sesgado y parcializado. Ahora más que nunca hay que ganar. Pablo Mieres'' Translated: ''Suarez's sanction demonstrates what FIFA has always been. A biased and partialized organism. Now more than ever (we) have to win.''

Sounds like a bunch of idiots to me.

I still say you guys are overreacting about suarez, just because he let your favourite teams lose against ajax, liverpool and uruguay

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Ka-pi96 said:
I think that is massively disrespectful to the rest of the Uruguay team

It is a little, I just hope it means Gaston Ramirez gets a higher chance to play in the next game.

Hmm, pie.