By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

CR7 will be mad. so no tie for the usa. i bet we see 3 teams with 3 points

Around the Network

Gif will not rise on it's own. :-C

USA! USA! Great game, unbelievable finish to take the 3 points from what looked to be a certain draw (or worse).

And are people really arguing about the terms "soccer" vs "football" on here? You guys know that the US isn't the only country that calls the game soccer, right? There's at least a half dozen other countries including Canada, Australia and New Zealand where the term soccer is regularly used.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Before I forget

Belgium 1 x 1 Algeria
Brazil 3 x 2 Mexico
Russia 1 x 2 South Korea

Yikes, I got everything wrong today! :'(
Predictions for tomorrow:

Brazil 3 -1 Mexico
Belgium 2 - 0 Algeria
Russia 2 - 0 Korea

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

There is American Football, and then there is Football, or Futball.

CPU: Ryzen 9950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
NightDragon83 said:
USA! USA! Great game, unbelievable finish to take the 3 points from what looked to be a certain draw (or worse).

And are people really arguing about the terms "soccer" vs "football" on here? You guys know that the US isn't the only country that calls the game soccer, right? There's at least a half dozen other countries including Canada, Australia and New Zealand where the term soccer is regularly used.

Americans are just easier to wind up with it.

Here are my predictions for tomorrow:
Brazil 3 - 0 Mexico
Belgium 2 - 0 Algeria
Russia 1 - 1 Korea Republic

NightDragon83 said:

but americans try to hog the term for their funky handegg game

Brazil 2 - 1 Mexico
Belgium 2 - 0 Algeria
Russia 1 - 0 South Korea