By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

poklane said:
This was sooooo shit. Shameful display for the biggest football event in the world. Can we please get less tickets for Asia and Africa and more for Europe and possibly South-America? I think people rather see teams like Sweden and Ukraine than Nigeria and Iran.....

I agree completely. THat was boring as hell, though I was barely paying it any attention.

Around the Network
poklane said:

Sadly, I am. He wants more teams from Africa and Asia, but doesn't want to take those tickets away from other continents. His solution: more teams. Lets hope it will never happen, some teams are already bad enough.

The only reason he would be proposing something like that would be for votes/ backing from areas like that.

Blatter has gone around the twist. Time to step down and let someone younger take over with new ideas. Qatar is the last nail in his coffin.

Edit - And I have 0 points from todays games. What an awful day.

Carl2291 said:
poklane said:

Sadly, I am. He wants more teams from Africa and Asia, but doesn't want to take those tickets away from other continents. His solution: more teams. Lets hope it will never happen, some teams are already bad enough.

The only reason he would be proposing something like that would be for votes/ backing from areas like that.

Blatter has gone around the twist. Time to step down and let someone younger take over with new ideas. Qatar is the last nail in his coffin.

True. The English FA and Dutch FA asked him to not nominate himself again and step down after his 4th term due to bullshit happening like Qatar getting the 2022 World Cup. Guess what countries backed Blatter? Asian and African countries. It's like we're dealing with the mob here.

Terrible, terrible game. I expected Nigeria to be much better.

Well, saw this one coming in December when they drew the groups.
My first correct score, 8 points so far today.

I think Ghana and USA will make it up to the viewers, should be a high scoring match...

Around the Network
poklane said:
RolStoppable said:
poklane said:
DakonBlackblade said:
Plz FIFA can we ban Iran and Nigeria from the rest of the Cup, I dont want to be subjected to this level of terribad football again.

I was just about to say the same. And then to think that Blatter wants to extend the World Cup to 40 teams with an additional 8 teams from Africa and Asia....

You can't be serious. Eight additional teams and all of them from Asia and Africa? No way.

40 teams is way too much for a World Cup, its already hard to fit all the matchs on the calendar with 32 teams with 40 the tournament would demant time that just dont exist.

I predicted 4:0 as the only one on the table before the game started seems I was right

Glad I missed that rubbish. Hopefully Ghana v USA will be much better.

D*mn. 0-0. That's a 0 points for me then. Just three so far, and I felt so good about today. Better Ghana-US make it happen. 2-2... Come on!

Burek said:
Well, saw this one coming in December when they drew the groups.
My first correct score, 8 points so far today.

I think Ghana and USA will make it up to the viewers, should be a high scoring match...

Isn't USA sort of a defensive team? Hell, what do I know, I'm an amateur

The One and Only

VizionEck.com