By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

FUCK!

Chelsea defended perfectly for 75 minutes. Barcelona is very lucky with this one

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
LurkerJ said:
FUCK!

Chelsea defended perfectly for 75 minutes. Barcelona is very lucky with this one

I find it a bit strange how vividly you're rooting from Chelsea even though your a Liverpool supporter, but I guess the English factor is that strong.

Incredibly poor goal that one. You'd be hard-pressed to find a single player in that Chelsea defence who didn't screw up in that move.

Trying to be objective here, Chelsea was the much better team until they gave it away in the most ridiculous way, I feel for Conte, he had the perfect plan. I still think they can knock Barca out though.

You won't see me rooting for Man U tomorrow or on Sunday when they play against Chelsea

Last edited by LurkerJ - on 20 February 2018

mZuzek said:
LurkerJ said:

Trying to be objective here, Chelsea was the better team until they gave it away in the most ridiculous way, I feel for Conte, he had the perfect plan. I still think they can knock Barca out though.

You won't see me rooting for Man U tomorrow or on Sunday when they play against Chelsea

Well that's why I said I find it strange that you were rooting for Chelsea. If you rooted for United I'd say you're an outright fraud.

About the match, I was being objective. Everyone on that Chelsea defence screwed up for Barcelona's goal. They were good for the rest of the game but they screwed up there. Of course, Chelsea was the much better side today and deserved the win, but that's just how football is sometimes. Personally I don't think they can get a result in Spain, but we'll see.

You were objective, but I made a typo and it sounded like I was telling you that you weren't. Apologies :)

and I agree, Barca has the edge now.

Ka-pi96 said:
Oh yeah, there were matches last night.

Congrats to Shakhtar. I like Roma, but I also like seeing eastern teams do well, so I'm still happy about the result.
And United were apparently as shit to watch as Mourinho teams usually are. Nothing new there then.

I like low-scoring games.

How about that Sevilla - West Brom game last night huh??

Around the Network

Skipped last night's games.

Just watched the highlights of Sevilla vs De Gea, Mourinho's side is a joke.

KiigelHeart said:

Hey now, in West Brom games, they score goals. 

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
KiigelHeart said:

Hey now, in West Brom games, they score goals. 

Hey, there's always ice hockey if you want to see a guaranteed goal.

Low scoring games can be entertaining and exciting. But not when a big team with big players are playing like pussies and hiding all game.

Ka-pi96 said:
HomokHarcos said:

I like low-scoring games.

But... why?

That's like saying you like movies that cut out all the movie and just go straight from opening credits to ending credits, except still take 90 mins to do it

The reason football and ice hockey are my favourite sports is because they are low scoring. I like the build-up to goals and for them to be special. I also love seeing defenders frustrate the other team.