By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Yet another match that was supposed to be good, but instead it turned out to be boring as all hell..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Well, at least I got Germany winning right.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

AZWification said:

Yet another match that was supposed to be good, but instead it turned out to be boring as all hell..

Blame Pepe and the referee for that. Pepe for being an idiot, the referee for not giving Portugal the penalty and red to Germany since the player was through on goal.

Troll_Whisperer said:
chocoloco said:

You guys do not seem to understand. I am not complaining about the card. I am laughing at the obvious acting job aka flop/dive by the German player after he was brushed in the face by the Portugeuse player.
People all over GAF interpreted it the same way. The commentator on the International broadcast even called it playacting.

Oh I see.

It's because the referee's decisions in football have a much bigger impact on the game than in other sports.

Yes, that and you can tell the players pretend to be injured a lot. This happens a lot in basketball too. People also complain about basketball here in the US for the same reason. Though in Basketball, the refs mistakes do not as often affect the outcome of the game because there is a lot more scoring.

Good, now let us see Ghana and USA annihilate Portugal.
Germany avenged us.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network

Was the ref in this match not using the free kick spray or was he just lazy ?

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
man of the match ; the referee

GG

Let's not kid ourselves, we played as shit, especially after Germany scored that first goal. Even if it was a robbery, we should have reacted differently and not go into full depression mode like we did.

Referee was shit as well, curiously for one side only. This is what? The 4th shit refereeing in 9 matches? It's a worrysome tendency, since we're still on the closing matches of the first round of the qualifying round. How badly are the referees gonna get when the important matches come? 

Oh, and ignore Alphacielago or anyone elses provocations. I don't get why people get their kicks out of seeing a player/team performing poorly so that they can insult them or feel some spark of joy in their life, but sadly it happens.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

AlphaCielago said:
Good, now let us see Ghana and USA annihilate Portugal.
Germany avenged us.

After this game, with Pepe suspended and two injuries, Portugal has become the weakest of their group. They will most likely lose all 3 games.

Some controversial decisions. The red wasn't needed, there could've been a penalty for Portugal.

Still Germany was the better team. Don't forget there were already 2 goals before the red and Portugal never made a move after that. They just gave up. Even with a perfect ref this would've been a victory.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Burek said:
So, Americans rooting against USA
I guess #1 answer in rooting for would be Mexico...

Also, tonight I'll get to play a bit of Watch Dogs before going to bed before midnight. Those 2 evening games should be watched only as a punishment...

Of course, go Ghana!