By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

The Fury said:
Odd place for an accident, especially as the guy tried to run away. Suspicious me thinks.

Yeah, some witnesses say it wasn't an accident and was done on purpose, the police is saying that the guy stole the scooter/motorbike and was trying to get away from them.

Thankfully he's okay as far as being okay after being run over goes. Heavy concussion, some bruises and small wounds.

Around the Network

Can we please have this team play in the Confed Cup Final? Thank you.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

1 down. 1 to go.

For once Spain lost when they were the worse team.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

ok, I can't call our U21 team this cup a "B-team" anymore with the way they dominated Spain in the midfield, destroyed their attacking attemps early with a high press and put the fear into them with quick and precise counters (well, they were wasteful with their chances though)

beautiful team-focussed effort

Lafiel said:

ok, I can't call our U21 team this cup a "B-team" anymore with the way they dominated Spain in the midfield, destroyed their attacking attemps early with a high press and put the fear into them with quick and precise counters (well, they were wasteful with their chances though)

beautiful team-focussed effort

That's the A-team now and the confed cup team gets demoted to C.

Around the Network

I think it's a joke that for tomorrows confederations cup final all 7 referees will be european.

Specially after the fraud that penalty that wasn't called against the portuguese

pastro243 said:
I think it's a joke that for tomorrows confederations cup final all 7 referees will be european.

Specially after the fraud that penalty that wasn't called against the portuguese

Well, wasn't there a penalty against Chile first? Probably Ramos would  have saved it, but that's that.

On U21 EU comp was an Eslovaquian referee choosen to ref a game that directly could put Eslovaquia away from the semis. Simply stupid.

Pibituh said:
pastro243 said:

Well, wasn't there a penalty against Chile first? Probably Ramos would  have saved it, but that's that.

On U21 EU comp was an Eslovaquian referee choosen to ref a game that directly could put Eslovaquia away from the semis. Simply stupid.

I can't remember any penalty we did honestly lol. Here's the one I'm reffering to:

FIFA said VAR wasn't called for because of the referee's lack of experience and because the chilean team should've argued more...
Agree on the second thing. 

At first I thought the new USMNT kits were too gaudy, but they grew on me and now I'd probably rank them among the best we've ever had. Unlike the "Where's Waldo?" jersey of a couple years ago, I wouldn't feel awkward wearing these in public, even if the stars are still a bit much.

Naturally Nike is selling them at a ridiculous $155--for nameless ones!--and they'll probably be rotated out as soon as the Gold Cup is over, or at least before the World Cup. We'll probably have something much more hideous to show the Russians. You know, as a form of intimidation or something.

vivster said:
That moment when you're in too many international finals with your B- and C-Team.

Probably gonna lose both though^^

You suck at predictions!