By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

poklane said:

lolololololololol

Not even a proper joint bid, it's more like the US hosting it with Mexico and Canada getting 10 shit matches each. What a pathetic bid

I wonder where the 10 matches in Canada would be. We don't have that many World Cup-ready stadiums. Obviously there'd be Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver, but what after that? Winnipeg, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton, and Quebec City?

Around the Network
Augen said:
This hurts to say as an American who deeply loves the sport, I was too young for 1994 and desperate to see a World Cup on home soil, but I want this to fail. Much rather do it right in 2034/2038 than burn our one shot with this nonsense in 2026 and never see another one.

Qatar can host one, but we have to share it with two other nations. Makes me sick.

It's not like the US has to. They could bid on their own if they really wanted to.

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

I wonder where the 10 matches in Canada would be. We don't have that many World Cup-ready stadiums. Obviously there'd be Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver, but what after that? Winnipeg, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton, and Quebec City?

I'd be willing to bet you've got more than Qatar

And that seems like a lot of cities for just 10 games. Wouldn't be surprised if the plan was to just use two or three stadiums or something, 10 games really isn't many...

Apparently, we only have 1 right now, in Montreal. I guess we could have it in less venues, but we'll see how they'll propose it.

VGPolyglot said:
poklane said:

lolololololololol

Not even a proper joint bid, it's more like the US hosting it with Mexico and Canada getting 10 shit matches each. What a pathetic bid

3 stadiums is plenty for 10 matches.

Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Apparently, we only have 1 right now, in Montreal. I guess we could have it in less venues, but we'll see how they'll propose it.

Don't y'all have a bunch of Canadian football stadiums too? How hard can it be to change the pitch in them to use for regular football?

We do have some CFL teams, but most of them don't have the capacity for World Cup matches, and I'm not sure if they can fit a football stadium.

Around the Network

lol I give up, we are the biggest joke of football. Summer will be exciting though.

CL tomorrow! I'll be watching Juve - Barca and having a cold beer or two 🍺😎

Neymar will miss the match against Barcelona. He's been suspended for 2 games, 1 for the red card and 1 for applauding the assistant referee.

should i trash wenger now? or does it seem i only enter this thread to do that?

bananaking21 said:
should i trash wenger now? or does it seem i only enter this thread to do that?

Nothing with Wengar has changed. The players still need to stop being pathetic too you know. It's a team game after all.

Wengar would be silly not to leave at the end of the season, not for Arsenal's sake who will fail next season with or without him but for his, he should go to the south of France, relax and drink red wine.

Hmm, pie.

I want Juve to win today but I guess Barca will take it