By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

RolStoppable said:
I guess that was it for this tournament. What am I supposed to do now? Root for Belgium? There aren't any enticing options left.

You should always root for the team that threw you out of the tournament. If they win you can atleast say you lost to the champions. :-p I'm feeling a little better now knowing that the Iceland team that kept the Dutch out of the tournament turned out to be pretty good, it makes it a little less humiliating haha.

Around the Network

RolStoppable said:
I guess that was it for this tournament. What am I supposed to do now? Root for Belgium? There aren't any enticing options left.

Root against Italy.

So we already know how the semi-finals will be like:

Belgium vs Poland | France vs Italy

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

poklane said:
konnichiwa said:

Iceland has only 100 professional players.  

Depending on the definition of professional that's actually quite a lot for such a small country. 1:1600 (assuming 50% of the population is male) being a professional footballer is insane. For comparison: if you apply the same ratio to England you'd have 16563 professional footballers.

Per capita doesn't matter in international tourneys though

Around the Network
The Fury said:
pastro243 said:
Great day for me, Chile champions and Italy won against spain

Chile won? Fantastic. They are a great team.

Also, see that Messi is having a cry about it? He's 29 and retiring because he hasn't won a international competition?

He may be one of the best footballplayers of all time, but nowhere close to being the best sportsman.

Talal said:
RolStoppable said:

Root against Italy.

They are winning the tournament. Why do you want to see him tortured?  

RolStoppable said:
Where is gramps?!

I bet he knew it would be happening, but he doesn't want to deal with us kids.

I'm pretty sure 51% of the UK already knew it would happen.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

The real question is, who was the underdog in this match? England or Iceland?

RolStoppable said:
Talal said:

Root against Italy.

Well yeah... that's standard fare for any honorable football fan.

Hey, It's time for another power ranking Rol.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won