By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

RolStoppable said:
Scisca said:
Switzerland is eliminated without losing a single game. They drew 0:0 with France and 1:1 with Poland. They imported a really impressive bunch of players to play for them. That goal was spectacular.

I'm happy we've advanced - the top 8 is the minimum I was expecting from us, anything more now is extra, though I hope they show more in their next game. The strikers are terrible, but at least now Milik and Lewandowski scored, maybe it'll help them somehow to see the ball go in.

I'm also not happy with how they started to fall back and focus only on defence in the last 3 games. Ok, I get it the defence is good and we only lost a goal after a miracle shot, but where's the ultra offensive team from the qualifiers?? The tournament is slowing coming to an end and our offence is nowhere to be found :-/ That's not good.

Can I take that as an admission of yours that Poland is not a top 5 team and that I know something about football?

Having just watched Croatia - Portugal, obviously no. We're not playing to our full potential, but we're still in it in the top 8 and we're still the favourites against Portugal. When you look at the last 8 teams standing, Poland will easily be in the top 5 And c'mon, the strikers are bound to finally have a breakout game.

PS. Poland does what Croatiadon't

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
Scisca said:
Switzerland is eliminated without losing a single game. They drew 0:0 with France and 1:1 with Poland. They imported a really impressive bunch of players to play for them. That goal was spectacular.

I'm happy we've advanced - the top 8 is the minimum I was expecting from us, anything more now is extra, though I hope they show more in their next game. The strikers are terrible, but at least now Milik and Lewandowski scored, maybe it'll help them somehow to see the ball go in.

I'm also not happy with how they started to fall back and focus only on defence in the last 3 games. Ok, I get it the defence is good and we only lost a goal after a miracle shot, but where's the ultra offensive team from the qualifiers?? The tournament is slowing coming to an end and our offence is nowhere to be found :-/ That's not good.

Who are those players?

Have you seen them sing their national anthem? Only three guys were singing, cause there are only 3 Swiss guys there - Lichteiner, Schaer, Sommer. The rest are either from the Balkans, Africa or South America.

PS. I love Polish commentators:

-This black Swiss player, what's his name?
-Embolo?
-Yes! That one. I keep mistaking his name with the virus.

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

Lol. Portuqual gege Langweilic.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Scisca said:
Goatseye said:

Who are those players?

Have you seen them sing their national anthem? Only three guys were singing, cause there are only 3 Swiss guys there - Lichteiner, Schaer, Sommer. The rest are either from the Balkans, Africa or South America.

-Embolo?

They're all Swiss, if they weren't, they wouldn't play. The rest is just... rest.

I wouldn't worry about that. He's from Basel youth system, he started as a footballer in Switzerland, even though he was born in Cameroon.

Hahaha We're only missing Netherlands, Greece and Denmark instead of Iceland, Slovakia and Ireland.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
Scisca said:

-Embolo?

They're all Swiss, if they weren't, they wouldn't play. The rest is just... rest.

I wouldn't worry about that. He's from Basel youth system, he started as a footballer in Switzerland, even though he was born in Cameroon.

You know what that makes him? Cameroonian. Similarly the rest of their players.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Pepe was amazing :D

He was. I can't believe this is the player Murinho tried to put an end to his journey with RM 4 years ago. He is 33 now and he keeps on giving. Truly one of the best defenders of our time, too bad he is a piece of shit. 

The tournament is boring so far, today was just meh.

Ka-pi96 said:
Scisca said:

You know what that makes him? Cameroonian. Similarly the rest of their players.

People can have multiple nationalities ya know

Doesn't make them any less of immigrants. I have higher standards for NATIONAL teams and I respect countries that don't treat their national teams like regular clubs with harsher transfer rules.

Scisca said:
Goatseye said:

Who are those players?

-Embolo?

It's so ridiculous with these import teams or when they're heavily dominated by immigrants.

Same with Belgium and France. To me they're not national teams, but foreign legions.

I feel sad for Croatia, but it's their own fault. They are the better team and could have simply outplayed Portugal. Oh boy, they're going to regret their strategy.

Now it's up to Poland to beat Portugal. I hope they don't make the same mistake.