By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Ka-pi96 said:

Is he crying? Please tell me he's crying!

No

Around the Network

So cool of Ronaldo to allow that fan to take a selfie with him.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
these sad teams that play to " not lose " sre so fucking sad, they celebrate ties.

You really shouldn't be so hard on Portugal. They really tried.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

RolStoppable said:
Slimebeast said:
Austria is so lucky.

Pure envy.

I admit I envy that you have several quality players nowadays. Austria football clearly has taken a big step forward and with Alaba you'll be a respected team for years to come. But today was a big disappointment, I don't understand how they couldn't get in the game today.

I wanted them to win. But only because it was against Portugal.

RolStoppable said:

Power rankings after every team has played two games. I'll give explanations based on request.

1. Spain
2. France
3. Italy
4. Germany
5. Croatia
6. Belgium
7. England
8. Slovakia
9. Portugal
10. Austria
11. Poland
12. Switzerland
13. Iceland
14. Czech Republic
15. Northern Ireland
16. Wales
17. Romania
18. Russia
19. Ireland
20. Albania
21. Sweden
22. Turkey
23. Ukraine
24. Hungary

I couldn't see any France game (school), but I heard they didn't play that well.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Power rankings after every team has played two games. I'll give explanations based on request.

1. Spain
2. France
3. Italy 
4. Germany
5. Croatia 
6. Belgium 
7. England 
8. Slovakia
9. Portugal 
10. Austria
11. Poland
12. Switzerland
13. Iceland
14. Czech Republic
15. Northern Ireland
16. Wales
17. Romania
18. Russia
19. Ireland
20. Albania
21. Sweden
22. Turkey
23. Ukraine
24. Hungary

You put Hungary last because Austria lost and they're your rivals, yes?

Why did you choose no 10 for Austria? I know it's a joke, but why that spot in particular?

Other than that, pretty good ranking. Russia and Portugal deserve a bit higher and Slovakia lower.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
vivster said:

You really shouldn't be so hard on Portugal. They really tried.

You tried to be funny but you need to make sense for it.

I don't need to be funny. Portugal already is the joke.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

If Portugal loses against Hungary and Austria does not win against Iceland they still have a really good chance to advance. I find that sad.

Portugal aren't doing well because they aren't playing the saints players.

Decent games today.

Hmm, pie.

Portugal will end in third place and play against Spain in the knockout stage. That will be Ronaldo's only good match in the Euro and they'll kick us out. Then he'll play as before and Portugal will lose against some mediocrity that will be beaten 4-0 by Germany in the semifinals.

Basically basketball at the 2004 olympics all over again.