By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation In China UPDATE: SOES Now A Thing ($211.5 Million Investment)

Gaming will flop in China (for the most part), because hardcore gamez like Call of Duty won't come out there!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
still won't matter. China is a flop in the making.

Damagon said:
kitler53 said:
still won't matter. China is a flop in the making.

Initially yes. It will pretty much DOA. 

But with the right games, at the right prices, I can see the Chinese market doing better than Japan  at least. Japan is just sad now.

for china the right price is free. until a cultural shift takes place in which the IP/patent/copyright rights of others is respected sony won't sell well there.  they will pirate or play something else that can be pirated. even the emerging Chinese middle class is quite poor by western standards. 

Nintendo should release the Wii (not wii U) and Sony should release ps2. Outside of major cities like shanghai and Beijing people really dont have that much money to spend on games for 60 $. If something is too expensive for them they just pirate it.

I doubt it'll be to successful....

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Around the Network

With those restrictions, I don't see any home console doing good there. They'll probably even ban games like Knack.

haven't Sony been manufacturing components and products in China for years though? Wouldn't that negate any idea that they'll struggle because of cultural conflicts?

The PS5 Exists. 

kitler53 said:

for china the right price is free. until a cultural shift takes place in which the IP/patent/copyright rights of others is respected sony won't sell well there.  they will pirate or play something else that can be pirated. even the emerging Chinese middle class is quite poor by western standards. 

They have more money than you might think. My wife is trying to open a business to sale brand items to people in China. That includes stuff like Gucci, Louis Vuitton, and other purses as well as many baby products. There is a huge demand for brand items from the West. They are willing to spend a lot of money. Gaming might be a whole different story though. The PS3 though was never pirated in China but the Wii and 360 was. You could buy pirated games out in the open at the little street of video game stores I went to in Kunming, China.

AZWification said:

Gaming will flop in China (for the most part), because hardcore gamez like Call of Duty won't come out there!

I thought China already got a COD... the f2p one

fps_d0minat0r said:
AZWification said:

I thought China already got a COD... the f2p one

The funny part is that China's CoD is probably much better than many of the recent CoD games!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---