Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry confirms MK8 720p, No AA

*sigh*

"Fist-sized pixels" 190 35.78%

"But it looks AMAZI... 326 61.39%

Total:516
tbone51 said:
oniyide said:
Majora said:
Wooooowwwww. Not buying a game because of this tripe?

Just enjoy the fucking game for what it is for fuck sake not what it isn't. I find it disturbing that people will actually cancel their preorder after seeing this news?! The desire for perfection in every aesthetic is truly permeating all areas of society not, even gaming! Well I've got a tooth gap and a slightly too large nose and I can still be loved so I'm sure there are some who can still love this game and how it looks.

i find it disturbing you are gettng so emotional about this. people who want it will get it.

your right, but there are a number of gamers that because now if a game isnt "..." in specs then its a no buy, i think Watchdogs is another example of this. WTF is wat goes through my head nowadays

honestly its not that much to make a difference and that is not even the point of this thread. When it was rumoured to be 1080p people cared...a lot. Now that its confirmed that was BS all of a sudden its not important. Hyporcrisy

Around the Network
gladiator said:

Is the wiiu even more powerful then the ps3/360. GT5 and wipe out both run at 1080p/60fps with AA, more detail and better graphics, the wiiu hardware makes me sad.

Actually GT5 and GT6 are not 'full' 1080p (1920x1080) but 1280x1080 and 1440x1080, respectively. GT5 had some pretty bad tearing as well.

Nonetheless, as far as visuals go, It would be a better comparison between LittleBigPlanet Karting and Mario Kart 8, in which case, such a comparison will show why the WiiU is a more modern and more capable console.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

One more proof that MK8 is not the best MK ever.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I have to say, after playing the demo, the game really isn't that great looking to be honest. Did the game go through a downgrade from last year's E3 or something? I thought I remembered it looking really great back then for some reason.

Train wreck said:

With all the meltdowns and downplaying here you'd think that Mario Kart just released in Japan.

Anywho, hopefully this put to rest any notion of the Wii U achieving any level of graphically fluidity with the PS4/XOne, I mean a game that was built from the ground up, on hardware that is 18 months old, is achieving less than games in the same genre, prior gen with hardware that had less resources.

one would hope, but the usual suspects have been quiet. I imagine some will disappear soon.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
tbone51 said:
DerNebel said:

Oh I'm always trying to downplay Nintendo, so that's the reputation I've build for myself, I'm honored. I didn't know that facing reality and pointing it out equals downplaying but great.

So tell me, what am I downplaying here? Did I ever say anything about the graphic fidelity of MK? Did I come in here and say that the game looks bad? Or that the game's going to be bad?

No, what I commented on is the hypocrisy of people saying that "nobody cares" and that we shouldn't discuss this, cause nobody said something like that when the game was still rumoured to be 1080p.

"""Alot of people obviously do, why do you think that whole 1080p rumour spread so fast? You were also in that thread calling people salty for downplaying the graphics, but now you're here pulling the "who cares"-card and talking about how it should be about fun+gameplay only."""

I was referring to your earlier comment, in which you were wrong. I always didn't care if a game had "these specs" as long as a game is meant to be fun.

Ok, as for Downplay, your right in a sense, you didn't (this time) say it was bad graphics/etc, your getting at hypocrisy (which im not obviously appart of, and why i responded with my earlier comment) which in a way get addressed that many were wrong.

That said, i made the mistake of not addressing wat i said about your downplaying, wat i meant by that was you seem soooo excited to get on the backs of nintendo fans and ride them into the ground. It happens on both side cuz i see the same happen with the vita (most cases with wiiu). You have the urge to go all out on alot of nintendo discussions and sales. Thats wat i meant. I go into detail but thats too much

dsp333 said:
I have to say, after playing the demo, the game really isn't that great looking to be honest. Did the game go through a downgrade from last year's E3 or something? I thought I remembered it looking really great back then for some reason.

It looked good because 3DWorld looked bad. That bad.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Solid-Stark said:
gladiator said:

Is the wiiu even more powerful then the ps3/360. GT5 and wipe out both run at 1080p/60fps with AA, more detail and better graphics, the wiiu hardware makes me sad.

Actually GT5 and GT6 are not 'full' 1080p (1920x1080) but 1280x1080 and 1440x1080, respectively. GT5 had some pretty bad tearing as well.

Nonetheless, as far as visuals go, It would be a better comparison between LittleBigPlanet Karting and Mario Kart 8, in which case, such a comparison will show why the WiiU is a more modern and more capable console.

I don't think that's a fair comparison, I think we should compare racing games that push the console to its limits, mario kart 8 pushes, the wiiu hard, gt5 pushes the ps3 hard. LittleBigPlanet racing in not even in the top 20 best looking ps3 games.

dsp333 said:

to be fair there are a slew of games that seem to have this issue. From all companies. A bit surprised that Ninty is on this now.

oniyide said:
tbone51 said:

honestly its not that much to make a difference and that is not even the point of this thread. When it was rumoured to be 1080p people cared...a lot. Now that its confirmed that was BS all of a sudden its not important. Hyporcrisy

Well.... Damn i guess i cant argue with the hypocrisy part -_- 

I just wish all these specs discussions didnt have to be so big :(